“Clean, but lacking amenities”

Red Roof Inn Johnson City
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
“Clean, but lacking amenities”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Overall, my four nights at this hotel were decent. The room was clean, furnished well, and the cleaning staff did a nice job daily. However, there was nothing extraordinary about this place. Our room didn't have a microwave, mini-fridge, or even a hair dryer. Also, don't even bother using their WiFi. I felt like I was back in the days of 56k dial-up whenever I connected to their network. This location didn't have a free breakfast or a pool, which we knew when booking the room, but still would have been nice to have. I think it's worth it to pay an extra $10 a night and stay at a hotel with better amenities, which is what I will do next time I visit Johnson City.

• Stayed May 2014
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I was glad to see you found our rooms clean and well furnished.

Our Superior King rooms are equipped with a micro-fridge, iron & board, hair dryer, one cup coffee maker, and have a larger television. This room type may have been more of what you were looking for. Our WiFi is in the process of being upgraded. The techs were here just last week, installing the new wiring, and hopefully in the very near future our new and improved WiFi will be up and running.

Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
Winchester, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The great reviews are spot on! Our room was very clean, small, but clean. Cleanliness is what really matters! We had a late check in and the lady at the desk was really nice. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone. It is next door to a Target and some other stores. If I were in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much. The staff works very hard to keep the property clean, and takes pride in their work. I am so pleased this is how you found your room.

When you mentioned the room was small, I am guessing you stayed in our Standard King room. We also have a Superior King room, which is larger. This room has a full size desk, a micro fridge, a larger television, one cup coffee maker, iron and aboard, and a hair dryer. These rooms give you some more space to stretch out in, especially if in for more than one night.

Thank you again for your positive comments, and we look forward to seeing you again, when you are in the area.
Hampton, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I recently stayed here. The desk clerk was the nicest gentlemen I have encountered in awhile. The room was not dirty but the floors could have been a little cleaner. And no bugs at all. The accomodations were very comfortable and the value terrific.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review of our property.

I was very pleased to see you had an excellent experience while staying with us. I will share your comments with the housekeepers, and we will strive to have a better floor situation. My apologies the floor appeared it could be cleaner.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This room was like brand new, great smell, new beds, well decorated, was exactly what we needed for our stay traveling back home from Florida, however the double room had double beds and think they are too small when traveling with children, 2 queen beds would have made this review a 5 star rating. The staff was friendly, service was excellent, the room was awesome for a good night sleep. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to do a review.

It is always nice to hear positive feedback in regards to our most recent renovation. I feel the rooms turned out really well. Thank you for the feedback on the size of the beds. Property level and the corporate office take all suggestions very seriously.

We hope to see you again in the future, and thank you again. Nice pics.
Lena Wi
Reviewed 20 March 2014

nice location park car and walk for food and drinks
hotel 1/4mile from road to bristol trac 13 miles away
coffee in lobby and papper in morning but no breakfast food
ice machines to fill your coolers for race

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron K
We certainly appreciate you staying with us, and thank you so much for the positive comments.

If we only had some control over the weather for the Nascar races. I know it was excellent for Friday, and Saturday, but was just miserable for Sunday's race. I hope you were able to stick out the rain delays, and enjoy the race.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again.
Bluefield, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was very cleansed and spacious. The only problem was the drunk hooligans outside my hotel room. They were yelling at each other for about an hour or so. The area was very quiet otherwise and a great location. The decorations were modern and nice. The television was updated as well. When checking in, there was only one lady mandating the counter and phone, so it took about an hour. She was very kind and patient. Though we only stayed a night, I plan on going back to the Red Roof soon to look at housing in the district.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us, and I am very pleased you found our most recent room renovations, to your liking.

I do apologize about the other guests who were being loud outside the room. If this ever happens, please don't hesitate to contact the front desk. We certainly don't want guests who are making noise and disturbing others. If they were disturbing you, they were also disturbing others.

Sorry again about the disturbance, and we hope you give us another chance when you are back in the area. Thank you again.
Indiana
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Once again, trip Advisor folks come through. This king room for one at $50 cannot be beat. Typical motel room, but very comfortable, and most importantly, extremely clean. Front desk hostess was very friendly and helpful in dinner suggestions and directions. Rooms have hardwood floors, which I prefer, and are nicely furnished, including large flat screen and free wifi and work desk. Also, all rooms are non smoking so they don't have that lingering smell.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We certainly appreciate you staying with us.

I agree, I believe the laminate wood flooring is a major improvement over carpet. We should be getting an upgrade to our television package, and also improved WiFi soon. We hope to see you again, whenever you are in the area.

Thank you again.