“Can't believe it's not ranked in top 5 in JC!”

Mona Lisa's Gelato & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 7 Dessert in Johnson City
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Located in north Johnson City on W. Oakland Ave. (beside the Mellow Mushroom), Mona Lisa’s Gelato is known for pleasing your sweet tooth as well as offering up a great selection of healthy and delicious food. Mona Lisa’s Gelato & Cafe’ is a little different. The first thing you’ll notice when you walk in is the heavenly smells. Freshly baked Bread, Homemade Soups, Panini Sandwiches on the Grill and Gelato are immediately perceptible. When you visit Mona Lisa’s, you will see a blackboard listing our soups, sandwiches and Specials of the Day. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch, or stopping in with the family for some gelato, you will find the healthiest food you can eat when you are away from home!
Reviewed 31 July 2013

WHY is this place ranked so low? Is it because people don't know about it, or maybe they only think they serve gelato, and that's it. Well, let me tell you otherwise. They have delicious sandwiches, soups, burritos, paninis, coffee, and of course the gelato IS amazing. But go not just for a sweet treat, but for a meal as well...trust me, you won't regret it. I tried this place last week just because I was in the area - and it was so good I took my friends there the next day. I got the turkey muenster panini one day and the burrito the next, and I didn't go wrong with either. All of the ingredients are fresh, from local farms, and the chef is top-notch. Don't miss out on this spot!

1  Thank chocofoodowineoholic

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I've driven by this place about 50 times just thinking it was a gelato cafe but my wife got a tip from somebody that their food was awesome too, so she tried it, and then went back the next day it was so good. So I made my first visit today for lunch and I already want to go back for dinner. My wife and I are both foodies and now that we've tried this place, it is our new favorite spot in the area. I honestly think the burrito I had today was the best I've ever had and I also had an exceptional cup of coffee and scoop of gelato. Yes the gelato is epic, but SO is the food! A nice fresh selection to choose from as well.

1  Thank BlondeTC
Reviewed 30 July 2013

flavors change daily. Delicious. Great soups, salads and sandwiches too. Great date place. you can go for lunch and gelato; dinner and gelato or gelato after dinner.

1  Thank dottie g
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Took my sons there after running errands. They usually go for Marble Slab but I talked them into trying gelato. I have eaten gelato in several metropolitan cities so I know how wonderful it is. My boys each ordered a cone w chocolate and I had a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of Mona Latte...creamy and delicious! The employee was very helpful and let us sample several favors prior to ordering. The cost was around $25, which is comparable to other ice cream places.
Now, we will skip mainstream ice cream and go for gelato!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Don't go for the atmosphere, go for the gelato which is the real thing! If you want a hunk of crap ice cream for $.50, this is not your place. If you know what real gelato is supposed to taste like and you are willing to pay for it in small town, USA then you should head over there. Tried two flavors, both exceptional. Right off the highway so you don't have to travel far off your road trip to get your fix.

1  Thank cparker1771