“Church Fellowship”

Cuisines: American
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Church Fellowship”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had about 40 church members to visit Salt N' Pepper. They knew in advance that we would be coming there to dine. They accommodated us by seating us on their outside veranda. We had several table to order appetizers and of course on Sundays they were swamped, but they had our food out in record time and it was delicious. I heard no complaints from any of the parishioners. We ordered everything from meatloaf, fish, chicken/waffles, chicken wings, dirty south burgers, chicken livers, chicken breast, collard greens, mac n cheese, fried pickles, deep fried mushrooms, carrot cake and banana pudding. Everyone loved the corn fritters and everything was seasoned to perfection. Good, good eating and the service was outstanding for such a large group.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank torivsmith

Indianapolis
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Mmmm soul food! The mac and cheese was fabulous, red beans and rice just the right amount of spice. Catfish was great too!! Find this on restaurant.com!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank indyhug111
Gray, Tennessee
“Shocked at the price”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The food, at best, was just home cooking. Nothing special but good. Decor, non existing, table and chairs in poor shape. The most surprising the was the Price !! Two Tea's, 2 meatloaf dinners and 1 piece off cake (which was very disappointing) cost more than 2 steak dinners with appetizer and two large beers at OutBack.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jewell G
Kingsport, TN.
“Still the King of Tri-Cities soul food....”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

.....and yes, the service can be spotty (but friendly) at times, but on this day, everything came together. In spite of them being swamped with a party of 30, we were seated after about a 10 minute wait and our order was taken. I had the chicken livers, deep fried to perfection as they always are, and my wife had the fried pork chop, which was the equal to the livers (or so she told me without saving me a bite). Our sides were mac-n-cheese,collards, pinto beans and a potato cake. All homemade and all delicious. I haven't had a potato cake that good since my mamaw was alive in the late 60's. Crunch exterior, and creamy, chunky, tasty goodness inside.

If you come here and it's crowded or the service is a little slow, please be patient because the food will more than make up for it. They serve Pepsi product and very good sweet tea. They also have a great dessert menu, although if you get one it will likely be to go because of the generous portions you'll get with your meal.

I highly recommend this place, and it's one of my favorite places in the are.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank JDHoss
“Best Soul Food Ever!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to this restaurant and absolutely will not be my last!! The food was incredible and the service was amazing! Our appetizer was fried green tomatoes, I ordered country fried chicken w/okra, mac and cheese, cornbread and a cup of potato soup. My husband ordered Mississippi catfish w/ beans, okra and cornbread. My daughter ordered the same as u did. We all had banana pudding for dessert. Everything was hot and fresh, the chicken was juicy and seasoned all the way through, the catfish came with 2 huge juicy pieces and all the sides were incredible!!!! The banana pudding was better than grandma makes!!! All 3 dinners w/appetizer, cup of soup w/ desserts came to 64.25!!! It was a great value! Do not miss this place!!! Best Ever!!

1 Thank Lela46scorpio