“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Review of The Battery - CLOSED

The Battery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002236724194&ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/The-Battery/212796668795127
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Crab cakes were really good(dinner portion).The tuna was perfectly cooked! Neat atmosphere. Prices weren't bad for the quality/quantity of food. After seeing some of the other reviews, I was I little worried. But I enjoyed my meal very much!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Scottie R

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Good Food, Atmosphere and Service”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We heard the experience at The Battery was inconsistent, but found it to be very good. We got Shrimp and Grits and Chicken Marsala. Both were very good. The atmosphere is kind of like a bar scene, but the building handled the noise and it was easy to talk a the the tables. The service was great. We will go there again.

• Visited October 2013
Gray, Tennessee
“Tried to like it”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've tried The Battery twice, once for dinner on a Friday evening in July, and once for the Sunday brunch buffet in August. I liked the brunch buffet much better than the dinner, but I had higher expectations for both.

At dinner I had the crab cake appetizer at $9 and it was not much larger than two inches across with some fancy garnish on the plate. I thought there would be at least two crab cakes, maybe three, for that price.

The Sunday brunch buffet seemed like a much better value. They offer breakfast foods and lunch foods, in addition to fresh fruit, fruit juices, and desserts. There is an omelet station where they will make an omelet to your liking, which was nice.

I really wanted to like The Battery but sadly, I doubt I will return.

• Visited August 2013
“Best restaurant in JC”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I went there last saturday , it was my first time & a friend and I went to just grab dinner around 9 and it wasn't empty nor was it filled it was very nice with a guy playing the beatles and some other great music, our server was super nice with us :) we ended up staying till 2 am, we didnt know they had music kinda like a club it was so nice! The only negative comment is that since people were drinking and dancing they would drop their cups and there was glass everywhere and no one cleaned it up so that was kinda dangerous but other then that it was very nice :)

• Visited July 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“A Taste of Charleston in Tennessee!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I read all the reviews & they just didn't line up with what my friends have been telling me. My local friends love this place. A friend & I decided to give it a try on a Saturday evening. We were seated quickly, & the service was great! We started with lobster fritters. $1 each during happy hour. Amazingly crisp & delicious! These are worth the trip all by themselves. Then I ordered the shrimp & grits ($9) which is oddly on the appetizer menu. When I got it, it was truly entree size! This was incredible. Truly better than many places I ordered this dish in Charleston! My friend had the crab cakes. She loved them, but they are Maryland style & I wasn't that crazy about the seasoning in them. We also had Virgin Margueritas. They were delicious! This isn't a fast food place & it is very laid back, just like in Charleston. We loved it! I can't wait until I visit Johnson City again & have some more lobster fritters!

• Visited July 2013