“A Little Piece of Charleston, SC in Johnson City!”
Review of The Battery - CLOSED

The Battery
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002236724194&ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/The-Battery/212796668795127
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a very enjoyable dining experience at The Battery in Johnson City. My wife had crab cakes and I ordered the shrimp and grits. Both meals were terrific and reasonably priced. We enjoyed the Charleston flare and the ambience of the restaurant. This was our first visit to The Battery; however, we will be returning soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Being in the travel business I eat and rate restaurants and hotels all over the world for the travel industry. The last two visits to The Battery have been 5 star! Since the management of The Battery has been handled by part owner and manager Mike Fergerson.this restaurant has become one of the top three restaurant in Johnson City. The drinks food and service was best I have seen in JC in a while! My wife had the Shrimp and grits which i have had before and we think they are the best we have ever had including those in Charleston. I had The scallops and asparagus which I have not found any place to have better especially the way the asparagus was fixed. I am told they have soft Jazz music on Thursday's. The second floor is currently being renovated For weddings and and wedding parties. I was told after that they would be working on having roof top dining.! Downtown JC is growing and The Battery is going to be a big player in that growth. If you have not been there in last few months I encourage you to try it again and see what the guidance of Mike Ferguson has done for this restaurant.

1  Thank TNOrange
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went here for the first time for my 10 year HS reunion. March 2013. The food was great, the atmosphere was excellent. place was fancy. people were well dressed. has private rooms for special ocassions. live bands. a great place to go for a good night out!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were seated in the back of the restaurant and the atmosphere was uncomfortable due to the noise and restaurant temperature. The food took forever to be prepared and the service was horrible.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We went on a slow night when there were only maybe four tables being served. Still, the service was slow. And then, there was the food....The panko breaded shrimp was over-breaded and reminded me of Captain D's. The baked potatoes were uniformly terrible. It was like they had been sitting for too many hours and had completely dried out. This was not isolated, as three of us got baked potatoes. Wendy's baked potatoes are consistently much better. The steak was overpriced, undercooked, and tough. Our appetizer was tiny. In general, it was not a good experience for anyone in my party. While the bread and water were great, I don't like to pay high end prices when so many things remind me of fast food joints.

On top of that, you are met at the door with not one, not two, but three "no weapons/guns" signs at the front door. Seeing that immediately gave me concern for my family's safety, realizing that could be a signal that this establishment has potentially had problems with the troublemakers and that now, only the troublemakers would be armed as the rule-abiding would be unarmed. Had it not been late and uncrowded, I would have just left, as I do not feel safe where this is such a big concern of management. It was too bad that the new restaurant up the road in the train station was so full or I would have tried it instead. Next time, I'll know better.