“My kids always loved it!”

Hands On! Regional Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive exhibits, programs, and events to stimulate discovery, thought, and understanding.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“My kids always loved it!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Keep in mind I haven't been to many museums but my kids loved this one. They loved the grocery store and the news center. The light/shadow room was fun as well. I love the ark.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ladean29
Hands O, Manager at Hands On! Regional Museum, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for the great review! Hope you will visit us again!

“Fun at the waterpark”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

My daughter have fun at the waterpark... we are from Michigan and the atmosphere was amazing to us... but people have different opinions about things...

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so much...”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I took my 10 year old autistic son. He enjoyed himself very much. I on the other hand... not so much. The place was dirty, a lot of things did not work, the gift shop was awful. If you don't mind grime on everything you touch and you have YOUNG children . . . give it a shot.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank elisapisajones
Hands O, Manager at Hands On! Regional Museum, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Hands On! Being a hands-on museum where 75,000 visitors each year are encouraged to touch almost everything, things do get dirty and broken. I can assure you that our floor staff is asked to sanitize the museum every day and we make every attempt to repair broken elements as soon as possible. It would help us better serve future visitors if you would email a list of areas that you found were dirty or broken so that we can address those specifically. You can reach me at kristine@handsonmuseum.org
Thank you for your feedback!
Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“great for young kids”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

the hands on museum is a great place for children to explore and play. they have live animals downstairs and is a very clean place to play. the gift shop is small but they dont really need a big one either. they update their exhibits regularly so there is always something new to see. they also do birthday parties which i will say is about 3 star but worth it for some parents and children.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank mknz111
Hands O, Public Relations Manager at Hands On! Regional Museum, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for the review! If you have any suggestions or comments on how we can improve the museum or our birthday parties you can contact me directly at kristine@handsonmuseum.org. Thank you for visiting!
Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a day!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Took my 8 and 3 year old, both had a blast, and there was activities and thins to learn for each one of them, all while the other one not getting bored. I am Active Duty Air Force, and hope to retire to Johnson City soon, and will defiantly be bringing the kiddos back! Even if I can not move here right away, this will be a staple of our visits to Nanny & Poppy!

Visited May 2013
Hands O, Public Relations Manager at Hands On! Regional Museum, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your visit!