“Unexpected Good Thai”

Good for: Child-friendly
Limestone, Tennessee
“Unexpected Good Thai”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I tried Tomy Thai during my first visit to the Johnson City area last week. I love Thai food and have eaten it on both US coasts. Frankly, I had low expectations that were blown out of the water

Large portions of very good food seem to be the norm here. The yellow curry with chicken was much more than acceptable.

If I had to criticize, I'd say that the spicing was on the mild side. I ordered medium spice. What I got, I consider very mild. The service was a bit distracted, but I'm used to the fast pace of the NYC area.

I will return, and order my food with more spice.

• Visited June 2014

“Depends on what day you go…”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We have loved this place since it was located in Kingsport. Although, when it moved to Johnson City, something changed. Not that the atmosphere is bad, it's just different than the other location. I chose the title of this review because you never know the amount of spice that will be put into your food. On the bottom of the menu is a scale with one pepper being not very spicy and five peppers being the most spice. Some days two peppers is more than I can handle and other days four peppers, I can barely taste. Overall, it's a very tasty Thai restaurant

Elizabethton, Tennessee
“Delicious”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and the food is always delicious and the portions are huge. Be ready to ask for a to go box..

2 Thank Fiziepop
Jc
“Lunch”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

The food is very good. The customer service makes the place seem cold and unfriendly. I have been several times over the past year for lunch but staff attitude when greeted is less than welcoming.

Morristown, TN
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great service and great food. The staff are very accommodating to my food allergies. They will change up dishes and this is very hard to find in many restaurants.

Visited November 2012