“Good for a cheap take out” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tomy Thai
Ranked #131 of 302 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
“Good for a cheap take out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Cheap food; not authentic, but pretty tasty. Very generic food with different sauces. Vegetables are okay, meat is cheap. Not very authentic. But it's tasty and good for a cheap meal on a Friday night.

The pad thai is tasty enough but not fresh, no veg and not served with lime; not very authentic.

I eat here and would eat here again but it's not fine dining. So if you want authentic thai, this isn't it.

Charleston, WV
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Based on other travelers' reviews, my hopes were high during a recent visit to Tomy Thai. My husband and I were very disappointed in the quality of the food. The egg rolls were crisp but terribly oily. The entree was bland and truly unexceptional. The best thing about the place was the waitress who was happy, helpful, and positive.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Limestone, Tennessee
“Unexpected Good Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I tried Tomy Thai during my first visit to the Johnson City area last week. I love Thai food and have eaten it on both US coasts. Frankly, I had low expectations that were blown out of the water

Large portions of very good food seem to be the norm here. The yellow curry with chicken was much more than acceptable.

If I had to criticize, I'd say that the spicing was on the mild side. I ordered medium spice. What I got, I consider very mild. The service was a bit distracted, but I'm used to the fast pace of the NYC area.

I will return, and order my food with more spice.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Depends on what day you go…”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We have loved this place since it was located in Kingsport. Although, when it moved to Johnson City, something changed. Not that the atmosphere is bad, it's just different than the other location. I chose the title of this review because you never know the amount of spice that will be put into your food. On the bottom of the menu is a scale with one pepper being not very spicy and five peppers being the most spice. Some days two peppers is more than I can handle and other days four peppers, I can barely taste. Overall, it's a very tasty Thai restaurant

Elizabethton, Tennessee
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and the food is always delicious and the portions are huge. Be ready to ask for a to go box..

2 Thank Fiziepop