“Pizza Gourmet or your way!”
Review of Main Street Pizza

Main Street Pizza
Ranked #1 of 308 Restaurants in Johnson City
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
TN/NC
“Pizza Gourmet or your way!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This downtown food vendor has come up with a quaint venue and great food. They have earned and won the "best pizza" competition repeatedly. Quite a few other signature Italian dishes and salads on the menu as well. But, when we go we prefer pizza, a small salad of some design, and a draft beer ( local brewery or Sam Adams). We don't see too many children there but take ours and they eat like hungry puppies. There is a kids menu available also. Or pizza is always available by the slice all the way to XL, which feeds four adults. Kind of a sports pub with limited seating. Our server was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Food came out promptly and hot. There is sit-at-the-bar service as well with a few strategically placed HD TVs. Meal not cheap but we didn't go there for cheap. We don't eat pizza that often unless it is well prepared with unique taste-which Main St. Can do better than anyone in JC, IMHO.

• Visited November 2013

Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
“Pizza, Salads, and Sandwiches”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This restaurant and bar is mainly noted for its pizza and has an extensive selection of topping combinations. The crust is thin and crisp. There are also Italian sandwich selections served on a crusty Italian roll.

• Visited November 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My first trip to this establishment today. I was hesitant to try it out as I ma always skeptical of a place the first time that I decide to eat there. Well, today was my wife and my first experience. We ordered a specialty pizza which was the first one on the menu. My first bite and I knew it was a winner. I've eaten a lot of pizzas in my time and this one had to have been the best I have ever had. There were a couple of unique things that I noticed. I asked for a water as my drink of choice and they brought out a very cold wine bottle filled with water and two small but unique glasses with a wedge of lemon. A nice touch. Secondly - the price you see on the menu is what you end up paying. The tax is included in the price. That was another nice touch and I liked knowing exactly what I was paying. The pizza was really good and much better than any I have had in the area and I think I have been to all the pizza places in Johnson City. Job well done and I will be returning the next time I get hungry for a pizza.

• Visited October 2013
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Main Street Pizza”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was near the Hands on museum. I was sent this way by a skater shop. The bar had several obscure drafts. Pizza by the slice. Meatballs were recommended. They did not disappoint. The service was good. I went on a Saturday afternoon. Lots of space. 2 big flat-screens for sports. 2 CRTs for movies. Woth going back with friends.

Visited January 2012