“Nice steaks, service us so so”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #74 of 311 Restaurants in Johnson City
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Outback is a pretty reasonable place to go for a steak, salad, etc. Their service was on the slow side and one of the orders was wrong. Likely we were not in a rush.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Our server was excellent, but the steaks we all ordered had way too much fat. We told our server about it and she spoke to the manager. She came back to us and said the desert we ordered was on the house.
Would have been nice if the manager came over in person. Also the desert was nice but compared to the price of steak we should have gotten more than the desert. Gave a large tip to our server, but feel the manager could have done more!

1  Thank Eugene F
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My family and extended family used to frequent this Outback. However, it is my understanding that the establishment changed proprietors over the last year or two. In that time we have noticed a steady decline in the food quality and portions (the blue cheese pecan salad comes to mind). Went a couple a months ago and the service was lacking ( I would say horrible, but the server would have to came by once in a while to say that), so we didn't go back for a while. We decided to give it another shot this week with a party. We did call ahead for seating and were seated within about 5 minutes of our 7:30 reservation, which was a good start, but the real problem comes down to the service. It took an hour and a half for us to get our entrees served, and the server was by only infrequently. In all fairness, she was polite when she was at our table. I don't know if it was the server, the kitchen, or the fact that she may have had many tables to attend to as they were busy, but whatever the case, we were way beyond ready to go before the food got there as we have a very small child who was not happy to be out past his bed time. Long story short, we told them to simply bag our food so we could leave, then decided that they could just keep it, because premium prices for cold food just isn't appealing. I don't think we will be back to this establishment any time in the near future if at all.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We went for lunch around 2pm on Dec 5 had to wait for some to come and seat us because no one was at the hostess counter. blooming onion was burt $7.95 then a bunch of young employees stood around the hostess counter and seem to be have a party right there. I would have asked for my food to be free but we will just never go back.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is not a one time thing at the Johnson City Outback. Our past 3 trips there over the past 4-5 months have all been much less than satisfying. The most recent however was one of the worst. I ordered the 9oz Outback Special, wood fired, prepared medium. On the menu medium is defined as a "warm pink center with a touch of red. The steak came as a 6oz, classic seared, well done brick. Unable to chew it, I sent it back (which I rarely do). The next steak came just after my wife finished her meal. Yea we went to have dinner TOGETHER. I cut into the steak.... well done. That was my last attempt to have dinner that night. fhe manager came out and said "I hear you are having an issue with your steak." The waiter had already taken the 2nd steak away and the manager didn't seem to believe me even though the waiter pointed out the 2nd steak was worse before I complained about it. The meal was removed from the bill of course but after I told them I had been coming to that restaurant for over 20 years and would not be returning due to my last 4 visits, no other effort was made to keep me as a loyal paying customer. So since loyal customers don't matter to the J.C. Outback they just lost several as I will never again recommend this establishment to anyone. Outback, you have ruined what used to be a quality restaurant that guaranteed a great meal everytime. Its now a gamble to eat there. By the way those mini booths need to be destroyed. Most ppl dont want to eat at a tiny booth with such little space.