“Not your Neighborhood Grill” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not your Neighborhood Grill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I really enjoy Applebees at home so when visiting Johnson City I expected better. The biggest complaint was slow service. I was at lunch and admittedly did not order from the 14 minute menu but the service was sloooww. The place was very low populated at 12:00 on a Monday and I see why. We did not get seated immediately, The waitress took our order and brought food reasonably rapidly but after serving the food we were just left sitting. Eventually I had to hunt down someone to bring me a check. My wife had a sirloin which was great but her vegetables were watery (boiled not steamed?) and soaked the steak and potatoes. I had the Cajun shrimp pasta which was adequate. Won't be back.

• Visited December 2013

Church Hill, Tennessee
“Applebee's Johnson City. "Roaches"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

We have not been back in years. Sorry :(
After we ordered we had a roach invasion on the walls, in the floor, and on the table. We called for the manager and they admitted having a problem. We could not eat our food. I believe we left. That was some time ago, hope they have their buggies under control.

Visited June 2012
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
“Food is average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

The only thing I like at this place is their Fiesta key-lime Chicken. I have tried different things and I keep going back to this. The bar is right in the middle of the dining area and is very distracting.

Visited November 2012
TN
“Exceptional.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

This Applebees rates all of the above service. This place was exceptional thanks to Michael who was our waiter and the lady bartender was a sweetheart and the food preparers awesome....all of you give yourself a pat on the back...
We will see you guys again really soon.

• Visited February 2013
Buford, Georgia
“Old/needs updating badly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

My wife and I decided to take advantage of the lunch "all you can eat soup and salad" one day while in Johnson City, TN. Upon getting seated we noticed that the tables were not only sticky, but kind of dingy looking and as we looked around we saw the same thing about the decor. When I went to the rest room I noticed the same thing. Fixtures were dingy and old as was the caulking on the wall and the tile on the wall and floor.

The food was good and we requested that the tomato basil soup be good and "hot" to eat. Casie, our waitress, obliged us and did just that. She was very good about making sure we got more salad and soup if we cared for it. Overall, a pretty decent meal, just not a great atmosphere. It's no wonder that Applebee's is losing marketshare to many other restaurants.

• Visited January 2013