“Revving up the motor south of the border”

Amigos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 308 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Mexican
Appalachian Mountains
“Revving up the motor south of the border”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had the Paradisio, and the waiter congratulated me for that (later I found out why) plus 2 of the people with me who ordered Spinach Burritos don't eat mushrooms they got their mushrooms on the side and gave them to me. Ummm. I love sauteed mushrooms. They have a 2 margaritas for $5 on Mondays. If it had been any louder it would have been too loud. You can hear the people with you talking, though it is kind of amazing considering there were big screen TV's going and a lot of people there. After I ate the Paradisio (a burrito I think but I just remember Paradisio, which meant it came with lots of stuff, all tasty, about a buck more than the next thing like it on the menu, and you get a lot for the extra buck). I ate well. Iced tea was good. Amigo's is across from McDonalds on Peoples Street. That can help you find it because the night we were there the sign was turned off, and we almost missed the place. If Amigo's were a car, it would be kinda low slung and loud and you could hear it coming from a half mile away. The motor of this restaurant revs at high RPM and it thrives on a crowd, lot of turnover, people arriving, going, laughing. Not the place for quiet romantic dinner though definitely a place for the buddies and the girlfriends.

• Visited February 2013

TENNESSEE
“AMIGOS NEEDS HELP”
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

We did our first and last visit. Food was bland. Asked for Jalepenos for the nachos and they were bland. Really..... Peppers are supposed to be hot and give the food some spice. They had been deseeded.

1 Thank KINJAMYHAZ
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Not the best, not the worst”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

It's just a canned Mexican restaurant, like so many others. Fine for predictable sustenance and speedy service, but not for anything homemade or truly delicious.

• Visited October 2012
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Good Food Priced Right”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

A lot of people, my husband included don't care for the mass canned variety of salsa. I for one like it and like it hot with hot tortilla chips. Food is served fast and hot.

Falls Church, Virginia
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Service was excellent, food was good but not great. There are many Mexican food places in the area that are better. But value and atmosphere still make it a safe bet. Just don't expect to be blown away by the cuisine.

• Visited September 2011