“mixed review”

Amigos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #120 of 328 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We've been here a couple of times before but based on this last experience, we will go up the road to the Amigos on State of Franklin or to the one in Elizabethton. The food was as you might expect, but could not be enjoyed because of the extremely cold AC temp inside. We asked to move outside and that was no problem but we were then dining with smokers (hadn't thought about this complication) and really, the open air doesn't prevent the smoke from intruding on us non-smokers. So, we were ready to leave as soon as we were done but waited quite a long time for the check. Eventually, we just got up and went to the cashier to pay up. If you are smokers, you will probably enjoy your meal here. It was quite uncrowded for a Saturday evening at 7pm. The service was quick on the food end and the food, except for the rice, seemed freshly made.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I usually NEVER send food back but I ate here for the first time in a long time and it was worse than I remembered! The beef in my tostaguac tasted like cleaning agents - horrible!!!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place has the best Mexican food in Johnson City. You have the option to order chicken fresh grilled and its awesome. I normally order the paradise quesadilla and love it. The chips and salsa are great, the prices seem a little high but it is great food and they have at least 3 location in Johnson City.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

They have awesome deals on margaritas here and they are delicious on top of that. The cheese on the tacos is so awesome and I've never been to another Mexican place that does them the same although the meat was always a little too dry for me.

1  Thank NMS845
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Meat did not taste like meat, tasted like it had been washed and was just terrible! Waiters had an attitude problem, didn't seem to care whether you were waited on or not. I will not go back there.

1  Thank Susan M