“But where are the tablecloths?”
Review of Cafe Lola

Cafe Lola
Ranked #5 of 326 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We selected Cafe Lola for our anniversary dinner based solely on TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. A cozy, unpretentious atmosphere only 1/2 block off North Roan Street. Service was prompt and the Gray Goose cosmopolitans were outstanding. We ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir and the bacon wrapped dates. For dinner i had the chicken breast with raisins and goat cheese stuffing covered with a cranberry walnut crust. Charlotte loved the roasted filet with a wild mushroom ravioli topping. The sides were large portions of garlic mashed potatoes, roasted fresh veggies and asparagus, The food could not be prepared better. The service could not be better. The value could not be better. The atmosphere could not be better,except where are the tablecloths? Probably the best restaurant in Johnson City. We can't wait to try Sunday brunch.

1  Thank UNCLEJ2XS

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nice diverse menu. Ranging from curry puffs, via chicken sandwich to walnut crusted, cheese stuffed chicken. Good value for money. Enjoyed service - waitress was very knowledgeable about Netherlands World Cup soccer team (not sure how useful for others). Would gladly come again and recommend to anybody.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I started traveling to the Tri-Cities area during October 2013 and found this little gem towards the end of the month. After that first night, I was hooked, having at least one meal a week there while traveling. After moving to the region permanently in January, I find myself there at least twice a week for either dinner or just drinks.

The staff there have been friendly with me from day one, and I didn't even know who the owner was until after meeting her a few times because she acted just like anyone else on her staff would.

I've always received wonderful service and been taken care of. When uprooting my life and moving cross country, it's nice to have a place you feel so welcome and at home in.

The menu selection might be a tad limited and some items can be pricey depending on what you get for dinner, but even a Panini or a slice of their Lasagna (which is served with a very generous portion) will fit easily into a budget and fill you up.

I recommend Cafe Lola to everyone in the area and have turned my boss into a fan of the place as well -- he likes coming in when he visits town now.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the best restaurant in the Tri-Cities. We have been to this restaurant quite a few times, and have ALWAYS been more than happy with the service, atmosphere, and especially, the food! The servers and bartenders are top notch and exceptional! We review restaurants all over the country and found this restaurant to be excellent in all categories! If you look at my reviews, you will see that I rate honestly, not all good, nor all bad. The owners are personable, gracious and attentive. The Chef is one of the best! I have never been willing to hands down recommend fish at any restaurant, and the seafood dishes, especially the salmon is always cooked to perfection, and hot! (my pet peeve), even my kids love it! The staff all eat here, the staff that leave always come back to eat here, and they all treasure this experience, compared to the many restaurants in which they have worked! Asked the bartenders, ask the wait staff, ask the chefs, and see what they think. The best way to judge a restaurant is measured by how often the staff eats at this restaurant! Even if they have a bad night, like all of us do sometimes, they rebound and recover so very well. If you want great service, a great meal, and an awesome atmosphere then try Café Lola’s! If you are worried about a bad review, just remember to review the reviewer.

1  Thank Drslowens
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Cafe Lola is a fabulous place to enjoy some great company, great food, and great drinks. The staff here absolutely cares 100% about their guests. They are beyond friendly and caring. You really develop a great relationship with each and every person who works here. This is why my husband and I keep coming back. The atmosphere is beyond amazing. It's not your typical Johnson City restaurant. I highly recommend to everyone. Tuesday nights they have Free Flow, which is such a great deal for unlimited house red and white wine and/or red and white sangrias -along with your unlimited tapas. There have been a few times when my husband has gotten off work late and we will meet there at 7, and they are beyond happy to serve us the free flow menu. They are very accommodating. The management is excellent and is always making sure everything great! Cafe Lola does so well for themselves because they are original and take pride in their restaurant. For the past 5 years of our experiences at this fine restaurant, we have never once had any complaints-about anything! We love Cafe Lola!!!