“Eclectic Variety Food & Decoration”
Review of Cootie Brown's

Cootie Brown's
Ranked #9 of 328 Restaurants in Johnson City
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Eclectic restaurant. Variety of menu dishes. Pizzas, salads, Jamaican dishes... all good. Nachos are very good. But come hungry. Their cakes are delicious as well. Large portions.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On the way home from Kingsport to Mooresville North Carolina we wanted to stop off for some dinner but wanted something out of our ordinary did a quick search on my phone and came up with this place. The atmosphere is fun our server was really awesome our food selections were certainly different and very tasty we could not pass up dessert the kids and I enjoyed it and if in the area we probably would stop back in.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a very unique restaurant and I'm glad we tried it. I do wish I had tried the pizza especially after several people around us got one. It looked amazing and I love pizza. If you get the Jamaican chicken be ready for your mouth to be on fire. It was good but I had to end up taking the top part of my chicken off and just eat the inside because my mouth was on fire. Sweet tea was very good! The Key Lime cookie was great too!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our motorcycle chapter spent three days riding in the Johnson City, Kingsport area of TN recently, and at the suggestion of one of our members decide to check out this place called Cootie Browns. He was pretty high on the place so we rode over one evening and had dinner there. It is advertised as a BBQ place, and they did have some great looking ribs. But BBQ is hardly the extent of their menu. There seemed to be little of everything on the menu. They have tamales, which I had, several different types of great salads, burgers, pizza, and some great desserts. You sit basically outdoors. The entire front of the building is open. It does have some garage style doors you can pull down and close in the case of inclement weather I suppose, but they were all open when we were there.
We had a great waitress who did an awesome job as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a very good dinner, staff was friendly, fun place to go see. They were very busy but we never felt rushed, The only thing I did not like is they do not serve wine, I like a little wine with my dinner but they only serve beer but I did have a Angry orchard and it went well with my dinner, We also had a dessert Peach pie it was very good and different it was made with cream cheese and it had a cake crust, Hubby had ribs and enjoyed them.