“Don't overlook this little Italian joint”
Review of Crazy Tomato

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jonesborough, TN
“Don't overlook this little Italian joint”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Good for lunch or dinner - a solid pick for after church on Sunday, because it is not crowded. Good white pies available, but more than pizzas - salads, calzones, etc. Our kids love the bread.

Visited October 2012

Johnson City, TN
“Good food; terrible service”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The food is good, but the service was horrible. We got there on Valentine's day before the crowds were there. We were seated immediately. That was about 5:50 to 5:55pm. Two couples were seated in our area AFTER we were and they not only had their drink orders and food orders taken, they had bread at the table. Finally at 6:04 a man came to get our drink orders. At 6:07, he took our food order. 6:14 We finally got bread at the table. 6:30 we got our food, only part of it was not even what we ordered. I also asked for more bread at that time. 6:47 the girl (who was supposed to be our waitress the whole time) came by to give us our ticket, but still had not brought us anymore bread. She did bring some to go. I don't know why we were treated like this. Other people around us were not having to wait like we did. They ignored us. Our alleged waitress waited on other tables in the area we were in, but not us.

• Visited February 2013
Johnson City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place to eat”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I have been going here for many years. I love the atmosphere and usually get good service. The food is good and price is fair. I suggest it next time you see huge waiting times at other places in town. Most likely you can sit immediately here.

Visited January 2013
Clintwood, Virginia
“Longing for Good Italian Food”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I recently ate at the Crazy Tomato after passing by it on several occasions visiting my Mom.I read the reviews of this eatery and felt like it was worth trying out.The restaurant is small is seating capacity but has a very quaint attentive decor in the main dining area.I ate on a Monday night and the crowd was very light.The young lady who was our waitress described to us in detail about the offerings from the menu.My sister,daughter and I all ordered the calzones,two of us got the veggy calzones and my daughter got the meatloaf calzone.Our food was served promptly and our decision to try the calzones proved to be the right choice.They were all delicious and this establishment has got their act together.The homemade bread and marinara sauce served waiting on your entree is as good as I have had anywhere.Give this eatery a try,you wont regret it!

• Visited January 2013
Piney Flats, Tennessee
“Favority Pizza”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I just love their pizza. Other food is very good too, but there are one or two better. Outside can be hot or cold depending on the weather. Most the time recommend you eat up front.

Visited December 2012