“Excellent Hotel and Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Maryville, United States
“Excellent Hotel and Service”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is clean, professional, nicely furnished and quiet. Excellent staff and delicous warm cookie upon your arrival. The rooms are spacious and up to date as decorated and furnished. Bed is comfortable and the room temps are controlled and not loud. Bathroom is spacious. The staff is friendly, professional and efficent. Felt secure

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the "delicious warm cookie" upon your arrival. Our team strives to make sure each of our guests have the best possible DoubleTree experience. They will be very happy to read your comments. We look forward to your next stay and will have warm cookies waiting.
Best regards,
Steve Lewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Knoxville, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Wish I knew what brad of mattress they use - better than what I have at home. Also the best decadent cookies one can get. Wish the cookies were a bit less costly I would buy some to take home, even though I don't need them. Gotta be fattening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City. Many of our products, including out wonderful beds and delicious cookies are available through Doubletreeathome.com however, we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.
East Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

DoubleTree is usually nice and this one had the usual nice amenities. I arrived late on a Friday night. Because of the restaurant crowd, I was forced to park in the back of the property and drag my bags through a wet parking lot in the misty rain uphill. After a long day in flight and being a female traveling alone, I was not happy by the time I walked through the front doors. The front desk staff was very kind and prompt with service. Once in my room, there were noisy guests in the hallway until about 12:30 or 1am. I received an excellent rate online for my stay, so this made the experience "average". If I had paid full price, I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us with TripAdvisor. We thank you for your honest input and will review your comments with our staff and ownership as we continue our efforts improving our guest's experience and satisfaction. I do apologize for the inconvenience of having to park in the back of our parking lot and for the noise disruption you encountered outside your guestroom. I am sharing your review with our evening managers and overnight security as well so they may take appropriate action. Again, our thanks for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Beech Grove, Indiana
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great price, clean rooms, friendly staff, and convenient location. The family had a wonderful experience. I will definitely choose a Double Tree when traveling with family or for business. I will also recommend this franchise to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Your loyalty to our hotel and our DoubleTree by Hilton brand is truly appreciated! We are delighted to know you and your family enjoyed a "wonderful experience". It is this experience with our staff that drives us to continue to deliver exceptional customer service. Thank you, and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Best regards,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 April 2014

April 2014 experience was sub standard for this property. The housekeeping services were not adequate and the front desk people were less than helpful. Overall, have always enjoyed this property several times per year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the housekeeping services and lack of helpfulness of our front desk staff. I have reviewed your comments with the staff and managers and will absolutely keep them in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We appreciate you taking the time to review us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Johnson City.
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We are Hilton honors member so we try to stay at Hilton properties. We stayed one night here and had pre-booked our room. We booked the suite that includes a king bed and living room area w desk and small kitchen. Very spacious room...something you don't see any more! Everything was clean but the room definitely needed updating. We had stayed here about 7-8 years ago and it looks the same as then. Our room was on the 2nd floor and near the elevator. The problem is that the hotel restaurant/night spot, Fanatics, was almost directly below us. After 11pm, Fanatics can be rowdy and loud. This didn't bother us too much as it was a Sat. night but, when I was awakened at 3am by three people screaming at each other in the lobby, that definitely bothered me! All three sounded drunk and unruly and their shouting lasted about 15 minutes. We didn't eat at Fanatics but we did order room service. The lovely lady in room service was wonderful and very pleasant. The food was fine; decent room service food. We looked at the pool and it looked clean, but small. Our room overlooked the parking lot and the large picture window was very leaky and we could feel cold air coming in, which, in winter, could be a problem. The bed was comfortable enough and the shower had a rain shower head which was very nice w great water pressure. Guest services personnel were polite and helpful. The location is perfect; near everything...restaurants, mall, shopping. We will stay here again but I hope that they renovate and update the rooms and hallways at some point in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and away from the Fanatics side of the hotel. We will request...