“Great Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stay at this hotel every month for business. Always top notch! Rooms are big and beds are comfortable. Food is great! I choose to eat at the hotel instead of going out. Staff is always helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you are looking for a great place to stay and a convenient place for the wife to shop in Johnson City this is the place. Is right off the interstate and convenient to anything else. It has heated indoor pool communicationg to an outdoor pool. close to the mountains.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Bridgewater, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed here several times and always enjoy it! The rooms are very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The lounge/bar was being renovated during this visit but they arranged for food in the ample lobby area and it worked nicely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Lebanon, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am so thankful for your clean, well-maintained hotel. Our stay could not have been better! We have experienced bad stays before but never in a Doubletree. We will be looking for them in every city that we travel with our baseball team for tournaments!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Let me first say I am definitely one of those people who checkout the reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor and Google before booking an out of town hotel or choosing to eat at a restaurant. Although I haven't always been the best about writing a review. I was a bit concerned reading some of the recent negative comments about Double Tree on TripAdvisor.

My son and I were in town for a three day stay for him to play baseball. We arrived to find, as a number of reviews had indicated, that the hotel is an older hotel. I was very pleased to find that it had been updated. Our room was spacious, clean and very well accommodated. The staff was friendly and professional. The only negative I can comment on is the workout room could have been a little larger and more well equipped but that is true of most of the hotels I have stayed at.

The restaurant at the hotel is currently being renovated but it was blocked off from view and I did not hear any construction noise.

I have found marketing photos of some hotels to be somewhat deceiving in the past so I am attaching photos of our room.

Room Tip: Look for online booking. Was able to find a room rate as low as $84.00 a night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Califon, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Check-in was swift. Building and room was well maintained and contemporary. My only gripe was not getting breakfast unless you paid for it. I think the breakfast buffet was only about 10 bucks, but times two, my room price would have been up to 150 dollars before taxes. Plenty of dining in the area nearby though. Convenient area. So, it would be an excellent rating if not for value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Johnson City, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel, love the staff and the rooms are really clean and nice. I will stay there every time I am in Johnson City, TN. My business trip was going Ok and when I checked into my room I felt so much better and the staff made me feel even better

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business