“Double Tree Johnson City, Tn”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
“Double Tree Johnson City, Tn”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Good location. Excellent experience for an overnight stay while traveling. Staff was very accommodating. Room was good size. Bathroom had everything we needed. Very Clean. Bed was comfortable. TV could have been in a better location for viewing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank ramdjm
sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reivew our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear you had an excellent experience! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Johnson City.
Best regards,
Steve Lewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Oak Ridge, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My stay was an excellent experience. Everything that was discussed while making the reservation was available when I arrived. In addition, I was asked to come again if I was ever in the city. Finally, I was asked if I found everything in the city that I needed and if not please identify the issue so it could be passed on to those in charge

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Hardil T
Thank you for taking the time to share you excellent experience at our DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City. We are delighted it was evident to you our staff provided the wonderful service we strive for each and every day. I am happy to share your great comments with our team. Please know we stand ready to welcome you back on your next visit to our area.
Mc Donald, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had a reservation for one night. I was charged $97.33 for that one night. I also had a second charge show up that I did NOT make on my card for $131.93. I called about the second charge and have been given the run around. They don't see any second charge. I am told I have to call this person at this time because the person I'm talking to doesn't know anything. They say they don't even have a record of me staying there. How is that even possible??? So far no refund of the second charge and no apology for their mistake. I will NEVER stay at another Double Tree Hotel anywhere ever again. Don't stay here if you can help it. And if you do stay here, double check your statement.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and your candid comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize if we have not followed up timely and cleared up or corrected any error on our part. I would be glad to speak with you personally and be absolutely certain you were charged for only the 1 night stay and no more. Upon check-in, we obtain an authorization on the credit card presented. At check-out, there is an actual charge made to the card, at which time the authorization should be released and only the charge remain. Some banking/financial institutions will hold the authorization up to 5 - 7 days but our system is set up to clear the authorized amount at the time the final charge is processed. If this has not occured or if we have made an error, I will the correction immediately.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lowest pet fee for any moderate priced hotel--only $25.competitive room rate. Very friendly service. Clean comfy room. Felt like upscale bedding. The delicious chocolate chip cookies were a big plus. Free wifi. Great value. I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are happy to be a "pet friendly" hotel and glad you find our feed to be reasonable and moderate. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our area. Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies will be waiting for you!
Best regards,
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This DoubleTree is a nice hotel, off the main road so it's pretty quiet. You'll love the shower: big shower head pouring out a lot of water. A GREAT way to start the day - followed by an excellent buffet breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great feedback and for choosing to stay with us! We are delighted our awesome showers helped you to a great start of your day and that you enjoyed our brand new breakfast buffet. Our team's #1 priority is our guests and we work hard to ensure all our guests have a positive experience with us. We look forward to seeing you when you visit Johnson City again.
London, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is great. But,,, the price of the breakfast, and the dinner selection convinced me not to stay there again. They didn't clean my room one day. This may be normal, I didn't ask?? I know of other hotels that only clean your room every 3rd day..

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy you thought the hotel was great but do apologize the breakfast and dinner price and selection was not satisfactory. We will surely take your comments into consideration as we are always attempting to improve our guests experience . I also apologize we failed to service your room one of the days during your stay. It is our policy to provide housekeeping service to every room every day, I regret we did not live up to our standards. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping team to aid them in further training.
Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a perfect DoubleTree by Hilton experience on your next visit to Johnson City.
Jackson, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel was in a great location with a good pool. However the housekeeping during our stay was sub-par to be nice. The size of the rooms are great but the air units can't keep up. We had a large group for a tournament. Staff wasn't that friendly. The food service hours were very limited as well. I realize this is a business oriented hotel but it was summer and we were here with family. Location was very close to lots of things.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. We greatly appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from yuour review that you were disappointed in our service, housekeeping and food service hours. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I thank you again for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you visit our area again, you consider staying with us.
Best regards, Steve Lewis