“Exceeded Expectations”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel has been fully renovated with new furnishings, fixtures, and flat panel TVs. The room had a comfortable bed, as well as a nice bay window that made the room seem larger than it was. The bathroom had a large tiled shower with an oversized rain-style shower head... very nice. The service was great; we even got warm cookies at check-in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Nashville, TN, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This doubletree is a little older now, but it seems well cared for - everything seemed clean and well maintained. Looks like it had a refresh to the rooms at some point in the last few years, so the furnishings aren't as old as the building. The bed was in good shape, the room was clean, and everything worked. I'm a Silver Honors member, and they still spiffed me with access to the concierge level, which was greatly appreciated. The food up there was pretty good too, a bit better than average at least. Everyone was friendly, although the bartender in the concierge suite seemed to be entertaining her friends/family mostly, who she had installed at the small bar. I didn't wait for a drink though, so whatever. The place is across the street from the mall, and there is a movie theater behind it, so its easy to find food within sight, or something to do if you get bored. I'll be planning to stay again when I return to the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is in a good location for getting around Johnson City. Across from the Mall and a short 5 minutes to downtown. Probably not what you have come to expect from Double Tree but the price was below what I expected from Double Tree as well. You get what you pay for never was more perfect. Staff is helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and property and will use your comments as we continue striving to exceed every guest's' epectation and provide them with an excellent DoubleTree by Hilton experience. we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area and let us know how we are doing.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Good location. Excellent experience for an overnight stay while traveling. Staff was very accommodating. Room was good size. Bathroom had everything we needed. Very Clean. Bed was comfortable. TV could have been in a better location for viewing.

1 Thank ramdjm
sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reivew our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear you had an excellent experience! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Johnson City.
Best regards,
Oak Ridge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My stay was an excellent experience. Everything that was discussed while making the reservation was available when I arrived. In addition, I was asked to come again if I was ever in the city. Finally, I was asked if I found everything in the city that I needed and if not please identify the issue so it could be passed on to those in charge

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Hardil T
Thank you for taking the time to share you excellent experience at our DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City. We are delighted it was evident to you our staff provided the wonderful service we strive for each and every day. I am happy to share your great comments with our team. Please know we stand ready to welcome you back on your next visit to our area.
Mc Donald, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had a reservation for one night. I was charged $97.33 for that one night. I also had a second charge show up that I did NOT make on my card for $131.93. I called about the second charge and have been given the run around. They don't see any second charge. I am told I have to call this person at this time because the person I'm talking to doesn't know anything. They say they don't even have a record of me staying there. How is that even possible??? So far no refund of the second charge and no apology for their mistake. I will NEVER stay at another Double Tree Hotel anywhere ever again. Don't stay here if you can help it. And if you do stay here, double check your statement.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and your candid comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize if we have not followed up timely and cleared up or corrected any error on our part. I would be glad to speak with you personally and be absolutely certain you were charged for only the 1 night stay and no more. Upon check-in, we obtain an authorization on the credit card presented. At check-out, there is an actual charge made to the card, at which time the authorization should be released and only the charge remain. Some banking/financial institutions will hold the authorization up to 5 - 7 days but our system is set up to clear the authorized amount at the time the final charge is processed. If this has not occured or if we have made an error, I will the correction immediately.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lowest pet fee for any moderate priced hotel--only $25.competitive room rate. Very friendly service. Clean comfy room. Felt like upscale bedding. The delicious chocolate chip cookies were a big plus. Free wifi. Great value. I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are happy to be a "pet friendly" hotel and glad you find our feed to be reasonable and moderate. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our area. Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies will be waiting for you!
Best regards,