“Excellent Place to Stay in Johnson City”

DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed one night for the NASCAR race. Very clean hotel. Staff was very friendly. Great location near a lot of restaurants and there is a mall across the street. The Honors member breakfast was more than expected. It said it would be continental but there was hot food on it. Can't ask for more!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Here’s a copy of the feedback I sent to Hilton regarding my recent stay. By the way, it has now been four days and I have still not heard from the manager, unbelievable!!!! I would like to make you aware of my recent experience at your Double Tree Hotel in Johnson City, TN. Upon arrival, I informed the front desk that there was no hot water in my room. Their answer was to run the faucet in the sink and turn on the water in the tub at the same time for 10 minutes and I’d then have hot water. In the morning as I was preparing for a shower, the mechanism that turns the shower on did not work. I contacted the front desk and was advised that there was no maintenance crew available. I requested another room to simply shower and was advised that all rooms were taken. This is not the first time this has happened to me at this hotel which is why I started using the Courtyard Marriott a few miles away. I decided to try the Double Tree again and quickly realized nothing had changed. I am a frequent user of Hilton Hotels however you should probably take a look at this situation before you start losing additional customers. What really irritates me is that the customer service rep asked if I’d like to receive a call from the hotel manager, which I accepted. I even provided her my cell number. Four days later and no call.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The bartender, Julia, was very inviting and pleasant to talk with. I had to giggle when she sang Genie in a Bottle to the entire bar. It was a long day of travel, she made the stay enjoyable and has me looking forward to my next extended stay in Johnson City @ the DoubleTree.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I know that this was a Bristol race weekend but to demand a 3 day minimum stay at $339 per night, for something which is normally about $100, is outrageous. I accept it is "supply and demand" but the horrendous rate uplift is disgraceful and morally wrong. I was obliged to use the hotel on this occasion as I was with a group, but I was paying personally. If I was not part of that group, I would never have stayed there, particularly as I only stayed for 2 nights and had to pay for 3. I was extremely disappointed with the pricing policy, and no leniency even considered for loyal HH members.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Dropped in to Johnson City to visit Grandma, not realizing it was race week in Bristol. Double Tree had just one room left -- very fortunate for us indeed. Room was great. Nice and quiet. Got to the Hilton Honors retreat just 10 minutes before closing. Hostess gladly stayed open for us well past 8 pm.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here last week during a three day road trip. We were traveling with pets and paid a non- refundable deposit. Room was dated, but clean. Received free breakfast, bottled water, candy and crackers, courtesy of Hilton Honors Club. No problems with wi-fi. Staff were friendly and attentive. After a long day on the road, opted to eat at Burger Bar, located in the hotel. Very good burger...Better the the nearby chains, in our opinion. Manager came over several times to check on us. Next day, found variety of breakfast choices at the buffet. Overall, a very good experience. Would stay with them again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is definitely not up to Doubletree standards. The rooms were dim and dismal and not particularly clean. The shower left much to be desired. The lobby and elevators were also a mess. I walked through the lobby at one point and noted large pieces of lettuce on the floor (probably from someone taking a burger to their room or the pool) and three hours later, it was still there. That was only one of the many examples of poor housekeeping that I saw. There was also quite a bit of noise throughout the night at this hotel. I checked out a day early and found other accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business