“Newly remodeled and fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Nashvegas
“Newly remodeled and fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2004

I have stayed here several times, before and after the renovation. I liked the hotel before, but the renovation has exceeded my widest dreams. The rooms remind me of the former Suisse Hotel in Buckhead, Atlanta GA. The furniture is gorgeous and very luxurious. I love the new wireless network. Don't worry if you haven't gone Wi-Fi yet, you can get an adapter that will work for you.

If you have not had the Christie Cookies that are made special for DoubleTree Hotels, book a room right now! Ther are huge, decadent and will drive any adkins dieter to madness.

If you have stayed here before, come back and see how much they have improved. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank KahunaSchelf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2003

I just recently relocated to the tri-city area and on arrival stayed at the Garden Plaza for a short period of time, I have to say that my stay was absolutly wonderful! The Service and Staff were terrific, and the indoor pool was as well. I've also found out that they're soon to change to a Hilton DoubleTree, making an allready great hotel even better !

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2003

It is really a shame! When this hotel was first built, it was beautiful and the service was great. We often stayed there. I have to say that we have been very disappointed the last two times we stayed. The first started when I was put into a smoking floor after making arrangements beforehand to be on a non-smoking floor. When I complained, I was treated poorly and moved into a room that smelled mold, the wallpaper was coming off the wall and the air conditioner sounded like the interstate. When I complained again, I was once again treated poorly, but I was moved to another room next to the stairs. Needless to say, the sleep was not good.The next time we visited we decided to give the Garden Plaza another try. It was a mistake. We were given a non smoking room on a non smoking floor as requested, however, the people across the hall paid no attention and smoked anyway. When the manager was called, we were told that they could do nothing. Once again, the room was in ill repair. We decided to ask for a refund and went to stay at a much more pleasant hotel in Johnson City where we will stay from now on.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member