“I love love the Doubletree in Johnson City, TN”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Knoxville, Tennessee
“I love love the Doubletree in Johnson City, TN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

Checking in is easy, friendly staff, and of course the warm chocolate chip cookie! The rooms are modern. The most awesome part is their beds. Pure heavenly comfort and luxury. Clean bathroom with great amenities.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank SonyaW4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

I stayed her while in town for the Atlantic Sun tournament and I must say, find the negative reviews rather shocking. I had a terrific room, with an extremely comfortable bed. And as I've found in most Doubletree hotels, the service was top notch. Everyone had smiles on their faces and were persistent in making sure my stay was nothing but 100% positive without being overbearing, as I've found some hotels can be. A spacious and comfy room with a top-notch staff leaves me with no hesitations to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank idreamofeuropa
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

In a hotel with many limited-service properties, I was excited to find a full-service DoubleTree. What a disappointment. This property was a lot more like an average Holiday Inn than it was a DoubleTree.

I had a very late arrival after a long day of flying that included a few delays. After such travel experiences, you want a smooth check-in and nice room that allows for a solid night's sleep. The hotel provided neither one!

Check-in was a disaster. My Hilton HHonors membership, nor elite status, was recognized at check-in. I was given a key and when I arrived at the room, the key didn't work (the room lock just flashed red over and over). I went back down to the desk (bags and all), and I was issued new keys for the same room. Same problem, meaning that I had to return to the desk again. This time, I was assigned a different room. The keys finally worked to the new room.

Unfortunately, the room wasn't very nice. Its decor was fine, but the desk lamp was burned out, the dresser doors were totally broken (all pulled off their tracks; two were half-hanging out of the dresser), and the doors to my room and others in the hallway were all beaten up. My room's air conditioning did function, but made several loud noises all evening long.

The hotel just had an old, tired feeling; this was not helped by the room's average cleanliness (dusty corners, etc.) and the food and trash that lined the hallway (it had been hours since anyone had been by to pick up room service trays, wrappers, etc.).

This was not a good experience. There are limited service properties in Johnson City that will offer far better accommodations and more competitive prices.

1 Thank brmusicman
Nash
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

I was there for my 50th bday and I was so pleased with the room and the great service. Going back to stay there in Nov

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sisterbabby
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

We were very impressed with the staff. This was my first time in Johnson City but I was treated like a regular. During my travels I have found many people to have a character smile. Years of faking a smile can almost pass as the real thing. No one at this hotel made me or my colleagues feel less than special. If business or pleasure ever takes me to TN and even near Johnson City, I shall return.

P.S Cookies were fantastic!!!!!

1 Thank moneytravel
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

My colleague and I stayed at the Doubletree in September of this year and it was a very pleasant surprise. I was aware that the Doubletree itself was a "nice" hotel, however I didn't realize that the staff not to mention the amenities would be so outstanding. While my colleague and I were attending business meetings and such our families were able to enjoy the indoor pool and do some very convenient shopping. I would recommend the Doubletree to everyone, whether the trip is business or just family relaxation.

1 Thank jscott04
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

I stay at this property on a regular basis. The staff is friendly and attentive. They have often times gone above and beyond to accommodate my requests, no matter what the circumstance. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. I also enjoy Fanatics, the on premise restaurant. The food is great, as well as the Fanatics staff. Any comments about "bed bugs" is a joke. I happen to know that this property has extermination service on a regular basis and of the dozen or more times that I have stayed, I have never seen any evidence of pests. Don't pay atttention to comments like that. I highly reccommend staying at this Doubletree.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business