“This is a GREAT hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Minnesota
“This is a GREAT hotel!”
Reviewed 6 March 2010

We checked in and were told that since there was a big sporting event in town and there were lots of kids in the hotel, that they were upgrading us to an executive suite on the 5th floor. The rooms on the fifth floor have access to free continental breakfast - which was wonderful and free snacks at night - which were also wonderful. In addition, we were given complimentary hot breakfast coupons for the restaurant which we only used once because the continental breakfast was so great.

The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable and every person on staff who we met were very friendly, helpful and courteous.

The hotel is across the street from a very nice mall, and very close to many good restaurants.

They make the most delicious chocolate chip cookies and keep them warm at the front desk. I mean it - they are GOOD!

If we are ever anywhere near here again we will certainly stay here. It is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MNClean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Checking in is easy, friendly staff, and of course the warm chocolate chip cookie! The rooms are modern. The most awesome part is their beds. Pure heavenly comfort and luxury. Clean bathroom with great amenities.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank SonyaW4
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I stayed her while in town for the Atlantic Sun tournament and I must say, find the negative reviews rather shocking. I had a terrific room, with an extremely comfortable bed. And as I've found in most Doubletree hotels, the service was top notch. Everyone had smiles on their faces and were persistent in making sure my stay was nothing but 100% positive without being overbearing, as I've found some hotels can be. A spacious and comfy room with a top-notch staff leaves me with no hesitations to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank idreamofeuropa
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 December 2009

In a hotel with many limited-service properties, I was excited to find a full-service DoubleTree. What a disappointment. This property was a lot more like an average Holiday Inn than it was a DoubleTree.

I had a very late arrival after a long day of flying that included a few delays. After such travel experiences, you want a smooth check-in and nice room that allows for a solid night's sleep. The hotel provided neither one!

Check-in was a disaster. My Hilton HHonors membership, nor elite status, was recognized at check-in. I was given a key and when I arrived at the room, the key didn't work (the room lock just flashed red over and over). I went back down to the desk (bags and all), and I was issued new keys for the same room. Same problem, meaning that I had to return to the desk again. This time, I was assigned a different room. The keys finally worked to the new room.

Unfortunately, the room wasn't very nice. Its decor was fine, but the desk lamp was burned out, the dresser doors were totally broken (all pulled off their tracks; two were half-hanging out of the dresser), and the doors to my room and others in the hallway were all beaten up. My room's air conditioning did function, but made several loud noises all evening long.

The hotel just had an old, tired feeling; this was not helped by the room's average cleanliness (dusty corners, etc.) and the food and trash that lined the hallway (it had been hours since anyone had been by to pick up room service trays, wrappers, etc.).

This was not a good experience. There are limited service properties in Johnson City that will offer far better accommodations and more competitive prices.

1 Thank brmusicman
Nash
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I was there for my 50th bday and I was so pleased with the room and the great service. Going back to stay there in Nov

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sisterbabby
North Carolina
Reviewed 14 November 2009

We were very impressed with the staff. This was my first time in Johnson City but I was treated like a regular. During my travels I have found many people to have a character smile. Years of faking a smile can almost pass as the real thing. No one at this hotel made me or my colleagues feel less than special. If business or pleasure ever takes me to TN and even near Johnson City, I shall return.

P.S Cookies were fantastic!!!!!

1 Thank moneytravel
North Carolina
Reviewed 12 November 2009

My colleague and I stayed at the Doubletree in September of this year and it was a very pleasant surprise. I was aware that the Doubletree itself was a "nice" hotel, however I didn't realize that the staff not to mention the amenities would be so outstanding. While my colleague and I were attending business meetings and such our families were able to enjoy the indoor pool and do some very convenient shopping. I would recommend the Doubletree to everyone, whether the trip is business or just family relaxation.

1 Thank jscott04