“Very nice Holiday Inn !” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Johnson City

Holiday Inn Johnson City
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice Holiday Inn !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the Holiday Inn . It was very clean and the room was large and the beds were comfortable and great .Yje room was super clean and looked brand new. Was maintained excellent and carpet was new in the room.We would definitely stay in this hotel again as it is one of the nicest Holiday Inns we have stayed at.Location is easy and very handy.for attractions in Johnson City.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
We very much appreciate your 4 Star rating of the Holiday Inn Johnson City, TN. We also appreciate your kind words about how great housekeeping was during your stay. Please come back to stay with us again, soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for the past nine years while attending the National Storytelling Festival in nearby Jonesborough. This year we noticed that the property is not being very well maintained. The shower in our bathroom leaked, which was annoying but not too troublesome. The bed linens, however, were old and worn, to the point of being rough. Most hotels would have discarded them way before they got this bad. Both concerns were brought to the attention of management but nothing was done. The mattress and mattress pad were lumpy and uncomfortable. We will not stay here next year.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you had problems with you shower head and the bedding. I have sent maintenance and housekeeping to your room to make any needed corrections. Since I can not contact you I hope you will contact me direct. I would like to discuss your next stay with us and what I may be able to do in hopes of repairing our relationship. We are a very good hotel and when any guest is not satisfied I would like to talk directly with them and discuss posibilities for in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Johnson City hotels

Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Unbelievable for what is supposed to be considered a high class hotel in Johnson City. After staying with family for 3 days, we realized we could have done better. The check in took forever, while waiting we had to experience the disgust of the public rest areas. Finally upon check in of our room, we we just amazed about the lack of cleanliness. Basically, travelers who come across this property can expect: gas station style was the ww restroom facilities, run down $30 / night rooms, (which they charge over $100 / night) and poor customer service. Although they must keep the lobby, bar, & restaurant looking fairly well. People often witness the greater presence of the facility until they explore the walls beyond check-in & seemingly notice the disgust that lays amongst. My family & I enjoyed our vacation, but Holiday Inn was the worst & grossest part.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
I am very sorry that your stay with us did not good well. The staff and I make every effort to make sure all our guest experiences meet with their expections. Most of our guest stays are pleasant. If you will contact me I will offer you a complimentary stay if you will try us once again. I will also try to contact you using your email. Thank you for your comments.
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 days as part of a trip to TN for work. This was an ok property. I kind of expect more from a Holiday Inn. The room looked like it had not been dusted in a couple of months. The walls had dust on them from the air conditioner. The windows were fogged and clearly need to be replaced. The lobby is gorgeous. The pool a nice site but then you have the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
I have gone to the room you were in and everything is in good shape. Perhaps you will stay with us again. Call me and I take care of your reservation request. The staff and I work very hard to please all our guest and to provide the best in hospitality. Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you soon.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed in Johnson City at a convention held at this hotel about a month ago. Fact is, even with a discounted rate and even sharing a room, there are better values nearby. The staff was friendly enough, but I just can't enjoy a hotel that usually costs $100+ per night that does not offer you a complimentary breakfast. Call me old-fashioned, but that's just not cool. After one evening here I opted to pay $40 a night for a clean, roommate-less room at a nearby hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We were pleased your group stayed with us recently. When your group booked the rooms they dictated if you would have a roommate and if breakfast was included. I am sorry those two things were a disappointment to you. I would suggest speaking with your group leader. We could easily book you into a single room and include breakfast. Thank you for your comments.
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

After switching rooms due to the strong mildew and wet carpet smell, the next one had it's own issues. The staff is nice. It's not their fault. The place needs more repairs and work than the owners must be able to afford. They are never very full. The rates are low so if you need a safe place and aren't bothered by a run down room, you could do worse. Carnegie hotel nearby is worth the drive for a better experience.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank JenJR
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
I am very sorry you were not totally pleased with your stay with us. Most of our guests are usually pleased and many repeat guests. I do hope your will stay with us again. Contact me if you feel I can be of service.
Sautee, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My Wife and I go here for a conference almost every year and have found this Holiday Inn to be very good with a convention. There has never been a problem of any type and there are great restaurants close to the hotel and they have had their restaurant open for breakfast and it been good even with a convention going on. Highly Recommend and the Staff is Great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for your "Great Comments" about your stay with us, our restuarant, and the staff. It is a pleasure to be of service to you. The staff and I work very hard to always improve on our "Hospitality Services" to each and every guests. Hope to see you again soon.