“great”

Holiday Inn Johnson City
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We have stayed here several times staff is great room are clean and have lots of room no smells that don't belong there we have a goldwing rally to hold at this hotel these are. some of the best we have ever dealt with bar none them and the chamber of commerce are the best we have ever worked with.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Holiday Inn Johnson City, TN. The entire staff and I are excited about the upcoming convention with your group. When you make your return visit please look me up. Hope you have a great new year.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here in December, 2013. As with all Holiday Inns, this one has been recently upgraded as part of the company wide required program. Still, it seems worn in many places. Peeling wallpaper and many other signs that the property was redone to whatever minimums were required. No real complaints, and staff was nice. But I have recently started staying in Holiday Inns after the system wide upgrade and many are very nice for the price point. Many owners have really taken the upgrade to heart, but this is not one of them. So it gets a 3. Maybe I was just being grumpy, and I certainly wouldn't avoid the place. Just trying to motivate the owners to complete what they'd started.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send you comments. The hotel has had some upgrades but we are now beginning to upgrade even more. The guest rooms will get a new look starting in January However, that is only the beginning. You did say you would not avoid the hotel so I would like to invite you back. Please call me direct for your next reservation. Thank you again for you comments. We really hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Wife and I stayed here for one night and very happy with the room. Beds were very nice as were the room facilities. We had a couple of drinks in the lounge and also ate there. Only drawback was we picked 'karaoke night'. Bit noisy for us but comical at the same time. Desk staff was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for your 4 Star rating of the Holiday Inn Johnson City, TN. The staff and I are very pleased you had a good time with us and also enjoyed the food and beverage. Hope next time you stay in Johnson City you will select us. We hope to see you soon. Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This facility is not really worth the price. Very exclusive price for a hotel that is very well below margin.
Unclean facility, uncomforting staff, & cold rooms.
Would recommend a stay elsewhere.
Front desk staff is very unfriendly.
The rooms are cold, dark & smell of mold.
The entire facility could be declared as unfit.

Room Tip: Would Consider Other Options With Cleaner, Nicer Facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amos K
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

I wish to thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us, I was very surprised with the fact the facility and the staff were unsatisfactory. If you will, call me direct so you and I may talk about this stay. I would love a second opportunity to make an impression on you. I certainly apologize for any inconveniences experienced. Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel room was nice, clean, and comfortable. However, I was very dissatisfied with the quality of service from the hotel staff. The housekeeper was rude and refused to wait a few moments for one of us to get out of the bathroom to clean it, so she just threw some clean towels on the bed and left. The employees at the front desk were rude and completely unhelpful. (I called and asked a simple question and he proceeded to put me on hold and never bothered to pick the phone back up.) When I tried to order breakfast, the employee was impatient and rushed me off the phone. When the food finally arrived, it was cold and the order was incorrect. I couldn't even heat it up because there was no microwave in the room. Overall, my stay at this hotel was not worth the money I spent. It was not a good experience at all!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vrose28
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel furnishings and condition. I do apologize the staff failed you with improper service. I want you to know that I have gotten with each department manager and gone over your comments. This is a reminder and retraining issue and I will be in charge of completing. Thank you for taking your time to comment. If I can be of further assistance to you please let me know. I also hope you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you. Guest service and guest satisfaction is very important to me. Please call me direct for your next reservation.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This room was booked through Hotwire which gave us the best possible rate. The hotel itself is located only a few minutes from the downtown area. Although it could use a little bit of updating, the rooms are decently appointed and the staff were more than friendly and helpful. I especially enjoyed the complimentary coffee station located outside of the breakfast area each morning. The morning staff are very attentive and the breakfast choices are very good and very reasonably priced. The property overall is very clean and kept in good order. I was impressed with how quiet our stay was on our visit. I was most impressed with the courteousness and attentiveness of the staff and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book your stay as far in advanve as possible in order to get the best rates. I use Hotwire almost e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 4 Star rating of the Holiday Inn Johnson City, TN. We are pleased the hotel and the location worked well for you during your stay. You stated you would stay again with us next time in Johnson City and we look forward to seeing you again. Again, we thank you for your great comments.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We went to Johnson City for our anniversary and in hopes of seeing some pretty leaves. Well that part was disappointing but no fault of the hotel. When I was looking for hotels, we choose this one because they had the Comedy Zone on Friday and Saturday night. Well after we went to dinner and got to the bar they said they were not going to have it that evening because of the Halloween parties at other hotels. Well it was a bit disappointing since there was not much else in the area to do. When I said something upon checking out they did offer us a coupon to come back. Well it is not like we go there on a regular basis.

The hotel does need to be updated it is starting to look old

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your good review of the hotel staff. I am sorry the comedy zone was not open. I have sent you a private message for a return trip. I am also glad to tell you we are just before starting a renovation on our guest rooms that you are sure to like. Thank you again, and hope to see you soon.