“Comfortable and Clean”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Wise, Virginia
“Comfortable and Clean”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This was a nice, comfortable stay. The bedding and pillows were great. The room was clean. The staff was very accommodating. Even let me stay until 2 on check out day. The comedy club was also fun, and the waitstaff there were also great. The only reason I didn't give it 4 stars was the noise! The first night, there was a group of teenagers in the room next to mine. Loud until 3am and I could hear everything they said. Not just muffled. I finally figured out that the windows were not flush to the wall and I could actually see into the next room...about a 1/2 inch gap between the window and the wall. No wonder it was so loud!! The next day, I could hear the housekeeping staff's conversation as they cleaned the room. Kind of a creepy feeling.

Stayed March 2014
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for your 4 Star review of our hotel during your recent visit to Johnson City. Also glad you enjoyed our comedy zone. Sorry, about the noise from the room next door. I will have maintenance take a look at the opening between the rooms and make any needed repairs. We hope you will stay with us again. We have different comedy acts every weekend. When will complete our renovations things will be even better. See you soon we hope.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cumberland, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am staying in the Holiday Inn right now, did not realize my family are staying at the Holiday Inn Express and got a room here thinking they were here. 5 minutes after realizing my mistake tried to get a refund but was refused and said that I could get a room at the other hotel but had to keep this one also. I just walked in my room, found out over the phone i was in the wrong hotel, walked to the front desk asked to speak to the manager but was told by the man there that I could not get a refund. So now I am staying here with the ketchup stained carpet!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
I am sorry we could not grant your request. Once you check in and use a guest room or slightly use a guest room we can not refund your money on the basis you checked into this hotel but had a reservation at another hotel. I am certainly willing to work with you on this situation. I will try to contact you on the information I have and please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and safe. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Travellers are raving about these Johnson City hotels

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We have stayed here several times staff is great room are clean and have lots of room no smells that don't belong there we have a goldwing rally to hold at this hotel these are. some of the best we have ever dealt with bar none them and the chamber of commerce are the best we have ever worked with.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Holiday Inn Johnson City, TN. The entire staff and I are excited about the upcoming convention with your group. When you make your return visit please look me up. Hope you have a great new year.
Vermont
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here in December, 2013. As with all Holiday Inns, this one has been recently upgraded as part of the company wide required program. Still, it seems worn in many places. Peeling wallpaper and many other signs that the property was redone to whatever minimums were required. No real complaints, and staff was nice. But I have recently started staying in Holiday Inns after the system wide upgrade and many are very nice for the price point. Many owners have really taken the upgrade to heart, but this is not one of them. So it gets a 3. Maybe I was just being grumpy, and I certainly wouldn't avoid the place. Just trying to motivate the owners to complete what they'd started.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send you comments. The hotel has had some upgrades but we are now beginning to upgrade even more. The guest rooms will get a new look starting in January However, that is only the beginning. You did say you would not avoid the hotel so I would like to invite you back. Please call me direct for your next reservation. Thank you again for you comments. We really hope to see you again soon.
Topton, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Wife and I stayed here for one night and very happy with the room. Beds were very nice as were the room facilities. We had a couple of drinks in the lounge and also ate there. Only drawback was we picked 'karaoke night'. Bit noisy for us but comical at the same time. Desk staff was excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your 4 Star rating of the Holiday Inn Johnson City, TN. The staff and I are very pleased you had a good time with us and also enjoyed the food and beverage. Hope next time you stay in Johnson City you will select us. We hope to see you soon. Thank you again for your wonderful comments.
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This facility is not really worth the price. Very exclusive price for a hotel that is very well below margin.
Unclean facility, uncomforting staff, & cold rooms.
Would recommend a stay elsewhere.
Front desk staff is very unfriendly.
The rooms are cold, dark & smell of mold.
The entire facility could be declared as unfit.

Room Tip: Would Consider Other Options With Cleaner, Nicer Facilities.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amos K
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
I wish to thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us, I was very surprised with the fact the facility and the staff were unsatisfactory. If you will, call me direct so you and I may talk about this stay. I would love a second opportunity to make an impression on you. I certainly apologize for any inconveniences experienced. Hope to hear from you soon.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel room was nice, clean, and comfortable. However, I was very dissatisfied with the quality of service from the hotel staff. The housekeeper was rude and refused to wait a few moments for one of us to get out of the bathroom to clean it, so she just threw some clean towels on the bed and left. The employees at the front desk were rude and completely unhelpful. (I called and asked a simple question and he proceeded to put me on hold and never bothered to pick the phone back up.) When I tried to order breakfast, the employee was impatient and rushed me off the phone. When the food finally arrived, it was cold and the order was incorrect. I couldn't even heat it up because there was no microwave in the room. Overall, my stay at this hotel was not worth the money I spent. It was not a good experience at all!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank vrose28
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel furnishings and condition. I do apologize the staff failed you with improper service. I want you to know that I have gotten with each department manager and gone over your comments. This is a reminder and retraining issue and I will be in charge of completing. Thank you for taking your time to comment. If I can be of further assistance to you please let me know. I also hope you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you. Guest service and guest satisfaction is very important to me. Please call me direct for your next reservation.