“Great Inn - Great Location”

Historic Eureka Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Jonesborough B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Inn - Great Location”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

When I heard about Historic Jonesborough, TN I had to check it out. The oldest town in TN & the home of the Storyteller Center. My search on Trip Advisor led me to several places for lodging, I selected the Historic Eureka Inn on Main Street. I so glad I did. Clean, quiet (with the exception of the train traffic) & friendly. I was greeted by the Innkeeper Maria Bledsoe a outgoing & helpful person. Maria a native of Jonesborough was a wealth of information about the area. My accommodations were delightful, clean & comfortable. The Inn is right there in the Historic district a perfect base camp to explore from. I look for & notice the little things during my stay & the one thing I was so very pleased to discover is the Made in USA quality towels, from the 1888 Mills of GA. I would highly recommend Jonesborough, TN as a quaint get away destination & a stay at the Historic Eureka Inn.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My sister and I stayed here on a cross-country road trip, and had a great experience! Our hostess was incredibly gracious and waited for us to arrive, even though we were later than expected (10:30 pm). The rooms are lovely and comfortable, and they're very conscious of being environmentally friendly. The breakfast in the morning was delicious (the innkeeper gives you a little form to fill out the night before with your preferences), and they were incredibly accommodating to our dietary needs (one vegan and one vegetarian). Our innkeeper even bought special vegan bread for my sister! You can eat on the patio, in your room, or in the living room for breakfast (recommend the patio if the weather permits, as it's lovely), and the B&B has lots of parking. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Jonesborough is a bit of a sleepy historic town. But it is full of nostalgia, old time candy store, music in the street, antique stores, wonderful restaurants and cafe's and you can walk from the Eureka Inn to everything. On Saturday mornings in the summer you can enjoy a local farmers market set up in the center of town. Brick sidewalks that take you back in time. The Innkeeper at the Eureka Inn Jonesborough is Maria. She is down to earth, warm and welcoming. She will go out of her way to accommodate your needs. We have never been anywhere where we received such wonderful treatment as a guest. It is definitely a place we will put on our list to go back again and again.

Room Tip: Each room offers something very specific to meet your needs. We chose the Kitchen Room because it o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wallace, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on an impulse instead of a chain. Not disappointed. Our hostess was friendly, patient and responsive. The location is central. The front porch was relaxing and great for people watching. The breakfast was tailored to fit my wife's gluten free needs. We ate in the beautiful back garden. The room was beautiful, well appointed and comfortable. The price was reasonable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobKretzu
Gray, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had the privilege of renting the garden area for my daughter's Bridal Tea. The setting was absolutely perfect with the brick patio, beautiful flowers, a gazebo and a beautiful stream that runs gracefully throughout the back of the property. The staff at Eureka Inn were so gracious and helpful to us and the price was very affordable. If you are looking for an elegant, quaint setting this is the place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Historic Eureka Inn immediately following our wedding. It was easy to find in downtown Jonesborough (right off Main Street). We were warmly welcomed by the innkeeper who gave us a quick tour of the grounds, a menu for breakfast, and showed us our room. There was a spacious parking lot reserved for guests, which made it easy to park and unload our bags. Our room was very clean and historically beautiful. We were the only couple in the "East Wing" (we stayed in the Peter Miller room) and were able to have extreme privacy. In the morning, we had a delicious breakfast with many breads, preserves, and juices. We ate breakfast on the back porch, but could have sat on a scenic back patio or second floor porch with rocking chairs overlooking Main Street. Checkout was quick and efficient and the Eureka Inn, much like a bread and breakfast, was worth every penny. I would highly recommend this Inn to any couple or family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alamo, Georgia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This historical Inn is a perfect place to stay if you like to visit the past, enjoy the present and have all the amenities of present and future! We are always welcomed by the innkeeper and feel as if we are family returning for a visit! The rooms are extremely clean, internet connection fast and reliable. You awake each morning to the smell of fresh coffee brewing, and a breakfast suited to your needs. When we are in the area for a vacation or for a weekend visit, we always choose Eureka Inn as our first choice in a place to stay. It is a friendly, warm atmosphere, where history abounds! Jonesboro is a great small town full of history and shopping with unique shops to suit the needs and interests of all ages. You won't want to miss the experience of staying at this historical inn while enjoying all the updated amenities! Have a trip planned for the area? Be sure to check out or better still, check in this unique and interesting Historical Eureka Inn!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and wonderful! No preference! All rooms quiet and private.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesborough
Country Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#3 of 19 in Johnson City
DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City

Been to Historic Eureka Inn? Share your experiences!