“Just like home”
Review of The River Overlook

The River Overlook
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kimberlin Heights
The River Overlook
indianapolis
“Just like home”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Jerry and Big Earl were warm and friendly. They welcomed us into their home. The B&B is beautifully decorated, clean with spacious rooms. The view is amazing. A little off the beaten path, it's worth finding this place. Good value and graet breakfast!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank csthacker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I can highly recommend this B&B, as my husband and I just stayed there on our way cross country. It is a beautiful new home, high on a bluff overlooking a wide river in an area of gently rolling hills, yet it is not far from the interstate. The home is beautifully designed and furnished, and Jerrie has thoughtfully supplied all the amenities you will need for a very comfortable stay. It is by far one of the nicest B&Bs we have enjoyed in our many years of traveling and staying at B&Bs. Breakfast was delicious, the view and atmosphere is just beautiful, and Jerrie and Earl are such wonderful hosts. Go and enjoy it!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Nashville
Reviewed 21 December 2009

I researched and looked for a B&B in the Knoxville area for a quick weekend get-away. All the areas B&B's seemed to have an abundance of bad reviews...then I stumbled upon The River Overlook. From the 1st phone call to Jerrie, I knew this was the place to go...and I was not disappointed. Jerrie and Earl are very gracious hosts. The rooms are perfect, the breakfast wonderful and the view of the French Broad River spectacular...watched the geese fly by as we sipped coffee and visited with Jerrie and Earl in their living room. I highly recommend this B&B...it was great and Jerrie and Earl are the best. Loved it!! I will be back...

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 November 2009

My wife and I VERY HIGHLY recommend River Overlook B&B, having recently stayed there (July 2009), en route to South Carolina. Wanting something more interesting than the usual city hotels, a quick Internet search landed us at River Overlook's web site. Impressed by what we saw and its short distance off the beaten path (I-40), we telephoned and made our reservation. We were delighted with what we found when driving up the hill to this beautifully crafted, three year-old home. Jerrie & Earl warmly welcomed us with lemonade and tea. As an added bonus, we received a complete tour of the home and grounds from their enchanting granddaughter. Like the rest of the house, our room and bathroom were spacious, clean, comfortable, and filled with every amenity one could imagine. After unpacking for the evening and with fresh beverages, we were invited to relax and enjoy the stunning views of the Broad French River from the home's large, wrap-around deck. The rocking chairs and outdoor sectional were ideal for curling up and winding down after a long day's drive. As dusk turned to night, we retired, slipping into the very comfortable bed to read and watch a program on the flat-screen television. The following morning, we enjoyed a delightful conversation with Earl as Jerrie fussed in the beautiful kitchen making a truly sumptuous country breakfast – I don't believe I've ever had tastier sausage in my life. So much were we enjoying ourselves that we delayed our planned departure by more than an hour in order to continue our conversation. Alas, time beckoned and we tore ourselves away. If business or pleasure bring you to Knoxville or its surrounding environs, do yourself a great favor and stay at River Overlook. You'll be very glad you did.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,146 reviews
Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Crowne Plaza Knoxville
#23 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to The River Overlook? Share your experiences!