“wonderful food”

Ranked #2 of 254 Restaurants in Kingsport
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Northeast Tennessee's only Fresh Seafood Restaurant. Locacted on the South Fork of the Holston River overlooking Bays Mountain
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My daughter and I were just there and were very happy with the service, and the food was wonderful and fresh . The waiter Bill was very nice, and the refills kept coming. It was a great place to eat and me and my family will be back. The restaurants at Myrtle Beach were not as fresh as this restaurant. It was amazing .Thanks again Riverfront Seafood for being just what you advertised , fresh. Sharon W

2  Thank Sharon W

Reviewed 20 June 2014

went here for 40th anniversary meal I spent around a hundred dollars and got a meal that was a total disappointment as bad as i dislike red lobster i would have had a better meal don't waste you time going to this overrated restaurant it was also dirty which indicates the management does not care about quality just your money spend it somewhere else

16  Thank Phil B
kptfishman, Owner at Riverfront Seafood Company, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Sorry for what ever sent you off on this rant, but our restaurant is anything but dirty. Last health department inspection scores were 95 in the restaurant and 100 in the bar. Compare this to any other full service restaurants and we are one of the cleanest in the area. With our prices in the average dinner range of $15.00 I am not sure what you would have spent 100.00 on for 2 people.
Sometimes people use these sites when they have a ax to grind for what ever their reason and owners have no way to remove false claims about a business.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

There aren't many great restaurants in this area, but avoid this one and opt for a chain restaurant, instead.

I've been here twice, as I thought I'd give it a second chance after an unimpressive first visit.
Two strikes, and I'm out.

We ordered chips and queso as an appetizer (overpriced at $8, but good-tasting.) When I asked if we could get some more queso, I was greeted with laughter instead of a solution (perhaps if their policy was to NOT give extra queso, she could have apologized and told me. Or she could have told me it could be done for an extra charge. I would have accepted.

I SHOULD have stopped after the queso. My blackened mahi mahi was dry, but tasted ok. The cornbread is shaped like a fish, and that's the nicest thing I can say about it. I got the wild rice, and it tasted and let like it was right out of a bag.

I've read other reviews on this page, and folks are right...They're stickler for policies at this restaurant. The place wasn't full, and they balked at seating me while the other half of my party was not present. They relented when I told them he was in the restroom. (Whew - Dodged a bullet!)

The atmosphere here is...confused. It looks like a family restaurant - very casual. But the prices are a bit steep. ($18 for a smallish piece of mahi mahi. $8 for chips and queso. $8 for mozzarella sticks.)

The view is nice from the enclosed porch, and i believe that's the only reason this place stays in business.

11  Thank bgsu3
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Currently sitting at the restaurant and they will not seat me because my total part of 3, meaning 2 more are on the way, are not here yet. Very rude to not seat a customer. Hopefully the food will be good tonight.

3  Thank mknz111
kptfishman, Owner at Riverfront Seafood Company, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time for your review and we are very sorry that you have a issue with our seating policy.

Because of our unique location and the demand for the seating that overlooks the river we found that people would send incomplete parties down to save the best tables. This caused us and all our guest great issues before lunch and dinner times. Before we put this policy in place we could have as many as 20 tables with incomplete parties. Then right at lunch time (and dinner time) all the incomplete parties would show up at the same time plus other guest arriving around noon (or dinner) also wanting to be seated.

We pride ourselves on quality service and food, but servers can not give the level of service we expect when they are trying to wait on 4 or 5 tables each that have become complete parties all at the same time. Then you have servers turning in 20 plus tables orders (80 to 100 meals all cooked to order) into the kitchen all at the same time. When people are in a hurry at lunch we could not get people in and out and dinner serve times would suffer when these backups in the kitchen would happen. This why restaurants have a greeter stand to control the flow of guest to servers which in turn controls the flow of orders going into the kitchen, We have a bar waiting area that people are always able to wait in and order drinks and appetizers while waiting on the others.

We hope you found the food and service up to the standards we expect after the rest of your party arrived

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I recently moved to NE TN from Florida. We tried the Riverfront Seafood Company because it was close to where we live and were so glad we did. We have been back several times since. Their seafood is as good as any we ever had in Florida. The restaurant is located right on a river making for beautiful views. Service has always been excellent and portions are huge. If you order the seafood platter, plan to split it, because one person could not eat it all. The fried green tomatoes are also delicious. Enjoy!

3  Thank onealbs
kptfishman, Owner at Riverfront Seafood Company, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for your review and recognizing the quality and value we offer at Riverfront Seafood Company. It is always nice to have people that are from the coastal areas that are visiting or as yourself relocated to our area and understand the quality we offer. But we hope you noticed we are more than just seafood. We offer steaks, chicken and pasta dishes also.
Welcome to Northeast Tennessee and we are thrilled we will be able to keep your seafood fix full-field.

Wayne Michelli