“Very nice place with one big issue”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Greenville, South Carolina
“Very nice place with one big issue”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The cleanliness of the rooms, friendliness of staff, size of everything and amenities offered were fantastic. This truly is a resort. It's huge, there is a golf course outside, the indoor pool and workout room are great. So what's the issue?

The high speed internet access. You have to pay for it in your room. Not sure why since I also stayed at a Super 8 recently and didn't pay for it there, whatever. I knew we wouldn't have it in our rooms so I had just planned on doing some work in the lobby or whatever space I could find. Boy was I wrong! It doesn't work. I mean, I tried the lobby, I tried the hallway, I tried another hallway. Believe me, there is almost no limit to the public areas that you can try to get internet access but guess what? There IS a limit to the internet access. You just plain cannot get it to work. And I wasn't alone. My sister couldn't get hers to work either and a man was basically following us around trying to get his up. I don't know what the problem is, but it's kind of a huge problem. People need to use the internet whether to get directions, phone numbers, find nearby sights/attractions, check their email, do homework, do regular work, WHATEVER! If you say you offer a service, you should. Period.

Other than that one extremely frustrating thing, the place is great. Would I recommend you stay here? Absolutely. As long as you can go however long without using the internet because trust me, you won't be able to unless you paying the ridiculous amount it costs to have it in the room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank NorieM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Reviewed 7 August 2011

They seemingly did not care my whole family was displaced, said it happened around 12 times a year. My nine year old is terrified. This marriott has ruined all hotels for us.

• Stayed August 2011
athens tn
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This was a really nice hotel, clean, good parking, beautiul surroundings. I was very impressed. But most of all, the is undoubtedly the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed out. I mean friendly from the manager to front desk to the cleaning staff. Whenever you passed a cleaning staff member, they stopped, smiled and wished you a good day. I have never encountered a friendlier hotel in my life. I was very impressed with this facility.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Ct
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Good location, right off the interstate. Nice room, beautiful grounds, friendly staff. Slow service for breakfast. Thought they could have offered complimentary coffee/tea in the morning for guests like most places do.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
mumbai
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed here for four days. This is a nice hotel with large rooms unlike most of the large city hotels. One can directly go from the hotel to the golf course in a golf cart. so one can see many golfers staying here enjoying their vacation.

The breakfast here is excellent and the spread of fresh fruits is also very good. I have not tasted such fresh fruits in any of the hotels around the world I have stayed.

The staff here were friendly and the stay was comfortable. It is a very large property with lots of open green space to move around.

This hotel is very good for a family holiday.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank aleeshabeevi
North Port, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stay there alot throughout the summer and I must say that the service and staff is great. The rooms are always clean.

Room Tip: best hotel in area
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Powder Springs, GA
Reviewed 26 July 2011

MeadowView Conference Resort is on a beautiful golf course. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. It's not listed on their website, but the hotel does have a hot tub. We had breakfast in the restaurant, which was amazing. Made to order omelets, creamy girts, & fresh fruit!!

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple