“Lovely hotel, but you'll walk a lot”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The hotel is lovely, but be prepared for a jaunt to get to the far-flung meeting rooms. The guest rooms themselves are a twisted, winding maze of hallways. And watch out for maids hurrying through the maze with their carts. I was coming around a corner in one of the several hallways leading to my distant room, when a maid came around the corner at full running speed from the opposite direction. I had to flatten myself to keep from being smacked. I strongly suggest they install angle mirrors at the intersections of the hallways for safety.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I am in the middle of a 12 night stay as I write this review and so far everything has been exceptional. We have taken advantage of just about every feature the hotel has to offer with the exception of the golf course. The beds are very comfortable and my wife even went to the Shop Marriott site to see how much it would be to purchase one. They are very expensive so I don't think that will happen in the near future. We asked for a room with a golf course view and a balcony and our request was met without any resistance. I noticed some people had commented about the long winding hallways, but from staying here in the past, I know this is due to the additions that were completed a couple years back. The only way to avoid the new configuration would have been to add another elevator, but you would have had to walk down a similar hall to get to that elevator. The food has been excellent with only one problem that was taken care of quickly. We ordered a pizza ($12 for a large) and the crust wasn't quite done, I brought it to the attention of the waiter and asked if he could stick it back in the oven for a few more minutes, he brought us a new pizza. The housekeeping staff is very courteous and attentive. The pool area is very well done, although, probably too small when the resort is full. I agree with the other reviewers that $13 per night for WiFi is a little silly, but free WiFi is available in the public areas. MeadowView is definitely the best hotel in East Tennessee. I booked my room through Priceline's Name Your Own Price and was able to lower my long term stay rate by 25% which was very helpful for this long stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on the golf course side.
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed at this resort one night and was disappointed. The room was nice and roomy but I was charged $12.95 for internet access. Let's get real....even Hampton Inn gives free internet access. I called the front desk to inquire about the charge and was told I could go to the Bar/lobby and use the access there. When you are staying overnight on business, you do not want to conduct your business in the bar/lobby area. Staying at a more upscaled resort, one would think the assess to internet would be included. Because of this, I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 1st floor. They have no view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HG1548
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Lovely hotel with beautiful views! The rate is very competitive but I was very disappointed that the internet was not included. We paid $4 more to include breakfast~ one in the dining room, then explained only one breakfast is included (fine but should have been explained), additionally if you order from the menu the service is very slow. Clearly the anticipation is that the buffet will be the choice of most travelers.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very clean and beautiful....extremely comfy bed....quick check-in and check-out with professional staff; these are the good things I can say about it. However we were only there for an overnight stay and we didn't experience amenities outside of our room so I can't describe the bar, etc.

We were disappointed that Free Wi-Fi was not included, but some could argue I should have perused the list of amenities closer before reserving a room. I would argue that Free Wi-Fi is a basic amenity these days. I was also surprised there was no in-room microwave, although there is a refrigerator.

We were disturbed SEVERAL TIMES by the hallway noise well into the early morning hours. When we looked out it was just normal walking and talking. It made us wonder if they have un-insulated doors, because it was VERY loud.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Even if you don't golf, this place has comfort and relaxation written all over it. I really enjoyed the sprawling outdoor courtyard with multiple fire pits and seating areas. Seeing the architecture and extensive stonework that went into making this conference center is worth the stay alone. The clear night skies and 125 degree view from the rear of the outdoor courtyard overlooks the golf course which is framed amongst the rolling hills of the Kingsport area.

The bar and lounge area is a little small for a hotel this size. Although that space was invested wisely in the outdoor courtyard area. Another smaller bar is located at the opposite end of the lobby with high top seating and Wi-Fi connections just outside the foyer to the main ball rooms.

While I did not dine at the restaurant, it looked very nice and boasted a large seating capacity; handling multiple large group gatherings at the same time while I was there. The menu offered some very delectable entrées that I wish I had more time to try out.

Room Tip: Save your rewards points and cash 'em in at this location for a true deal.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank T-Bone_Steaks
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our family recently stayed at this hotel for one week during a basketball tournament. The exterior and common areas of the resort are spacious, modern, and beautiful. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Very few of the rooms have balconies and we were disappointed that this request was not met. The lobby has large and comfortable areas to gather, as well as a separate quiet bar area. The outdoor patios stretch across the back of the hotel and also have a fire pit to enjoy. Our room was very compact for a family of four with 2 double beds, especially for an extended stay. There was a small fridge. The hotel does not offer larger suites which I found was very unusual. Our only option was the king with pull out or the 2 doubles that have the same small footprint. The ice machine on our floor and the one above was not working properly. The fitness gym was very good as well as the indoor pool and hot tub area. Since we did not have a balcony to enjoy the outdoors, I used the patio outside the pool area. For such a large hotel, there are only 2 elevators and there can be long waits when busy. The best hotel room views are from the upper floors overlooking the golf course and mountains in the background. My husband and son enjoyed the onsite golf course. We dined at the Meadowview restaurant one night and the food was okay but very pricey. The customer service was excellent in the restaurant. The conference center was set up with 2 quality basketball courts, that was such a convenient location for us. I would recommend this hotel, but you are giving up space in your hotel room to gain on the other amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room with a balcony overlooking the golf course and mountains.
1  Thank Milkdud
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!