Stayed here on a golf stay-n-play package Sept 2013. Arrived later in the day so I postponed my golf until morning of checkout. We stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the golf course and countryside. EZ check-in with very friendly and helpful staff. WiFi is free for 3 hrs in the lobby but be ready to shell out $12.95/day in your room. Room was very nicely appointed. Nice large bed, comfy with spacious room and complete bathroom. Went to the seafood buffet in the evening. $28 p/p or so. Not as spectacular as I would have expected, but in the backwoods of Tennessee, acceptable. They offered steamed, hot crab legs and a variety of other foods but I felt the selections bordered on the lower side of quality offerings. Service was okay, environment very nice. There were a coupla conventions and weddings going on while I was there and everything looked like it was handled very well.
Onto the golf. I had called from home prior to my Southern States trip to arrange a tee time. I arrived early and although they tried to charge me the $47 green fee I explained I had a package and after a minute's research, no problem. I started off with the rising sun directly in my eyes. My playing partner was a local but no help when it came to watching. I've come to detest Bermuda fairways as your ball settles down 1-2 inches when it stops. Unless you're directly over the ball, you'll never find it. Front nine was meadow-like with lotsa water hazards thrown in. I didn't find the front 9 particularly appealing. Now the good stuff: The back nine was fantastic. It has elevation changes, doglegs and character !!!!!!! I shot a 1 over on the back because it was more user-friendly, better laid out and generally just more fun.
If you can swing a stay-n-play package, by all means do so. Golf staff is friendly (Southern charm), starter on 1st tee very nice and didn't see a course marshall all day. Biggest frustration came from hitting a 230 yd drive and not being able to find it if it ventured a coupla yards off the fairway. A must play in Kingsport !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, be productive and enjoy great accommodations at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center. Our resort hotel in Kingsport, Tennessee offers a superior location near the scenic Smoky Mountains and close to Tri-Cities Regional Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Meadowview Conference Resort And Convention Center
- Marriott Meadowview Conference Hotel Kingsport
- Marriott Kingsport
- Kingsport Marriott