“Nice stay in Kingsport Cattails golf at the Marriott”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Hi gang,
Stayed here on a golf stay-n-play package Sept 2013. Arrived later in the day so I postponed my golf until morning of checkout. We stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the golf course and countryside. EZ check-in with very friendly and helpful staff. WiFi is free for 3 hrs in the lobby but be ready to shell out $12.95/day in your room. Room was very nicely appointed. Nice large bed, comfy with spacious room and complete bathroom. Went to the seafood buffet in the evening. $28 p/p or so. Not as spectacular as I would have expected, but in the backwoods of Tennessee, acceptable. They offered steamed, hot crab legs and a variety of other foods but I felt the selections bordered on the lower side of quality offerings. Service was okay, environment very nice. There were a coupla conventions and weddings going on while I was there and everything looked like it was handled very well.
Onto the golf. I had called from home prior to my Southern States trip to arrange a tee time. I arrived early and although they tried to charge me the $47 green fee I explained I had a package and after a minute's research, no problem. I started off with the rising sun directly in my eyes. My playing partner was a local but no help when it came to watching. I've come to detest Bermuda fairways as your ball settles down 1-2 inches when it stops. Unless you're directly over the ball, you'll never find it. Front nine was meadow-like with lotsa water hazards thrown in. I didn't find the front 9 particularly appealing. Now the good stuff: The back nine was fantastic. It has elevation changes, doglegs and character !!!!!!! I shot a 1 over on the back because it was more user-friendly, better laid out and generally just more fun.
If you can swing a stay-n-play package, by all means do so. Golf staff is friendly (Southern charm), starter on 1st tee very nice and didn't see a course marshall all day. Biggest frustration came from hitting a 230 yd drive and not being able to find it if it ventured a coupla yards off the fairway. A must play in Kingsport !!!
Rich

Room Tip: Ask for a high-up room overlooking the course (book well in advance) and enjoy the course.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We love a good Marriott, beautiful property overlooking a nice golf course. We were in the middle of a long road trip vacation and needed to be pampered. Front desk staff was very nice and the bellman/woman was a breath of fresh air, had my clubs at the pro shop waiting for me. The king suite was nicely appointed with a great balcony overlooking the course. However I was shocked to see a black stain on the toilet top that I quickly cleaned before my wife saw it. The glass table and nightstand had glass ring marks on them.....I expect more from Marriott. The room service was great and we enjoyed the mountain air. Will return hopefully to a cleaner room

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Enjoyed a weekend stay here and was very pleased with everything! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, bar staff attentive, food in the restaurant was delicious, and the room was well-appointed, clean, and comfortable. Each room has a mini-fridge hidden in the TV console. I had a room with a balcony and enjoyed sitting there after dinner enjoying the view while visiting with friends. The only negative is that wi-fi in the room has an additional fee of $12.95 per day. This is my first Marriott stay where wi-fi was not included in the price of the room and offering free wi-fi would have made this stay absolutely perfect. I highly recommend this property when in the Tri-Cities area. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the Meadowview Marriott. We stayed here for three nights for a wedding. The property was well kept, the room was spacious (we had a balcony) and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The layout of the rooms is a little odd -- with long winding hallways. The upside is that you don't really hear the other guests. The downside is that it takes a long time to walk anywhere.

Both the room service, and the hotel restaurant were very, very, good. The hotel staff was both friendly, and welcoming. We had a baby with us, and housekeeping was more than accommodating. Parking is free (valet has a charge.)

The negative -- we were here for a wedding, and the event staff was lacking. They arrived late the day of the wedding, and we were forced to run interference between them and the bride. They were slow to set up, and to decide where the ceremony would be held (due to rain). They basically did the bare minimum required to hold an event. The bridal "suite" was a joke (same room as other guests, just with more windows) as was the room for the bridal party to get ready (just an empty room that had not been dusted or cleaned.) Surprisingly, the food was average, at best, which was odd since the restaurant and room service food was very good.

Overall, stay here. Play golf. Eat, drink, and be merry. Do not get married here, unless you are okay with spending a ton of money for a little return, except pretty photos.

Room Tip: Get a balcony. Skip the "suite."
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean, comfortable, well-appointed guest rooms, newly remodeled lobby, and great food and service - everything you need in a hotel. PLUS a golf course and convention center! Convenient location to I-26, I-81, and everywhere in the Tri-Cities.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was just a stopover on the way to Cherokee NC glad we choose this hotel. Very nice high end hotel everyone was very friendly and helpful. I booked this thru Priceline name your price and was very surprised at the price I was able to the room for. They had given us a king room with a balcony overlooking the golf course very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a King with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Charges a fortune for what should be free WIFI Many Marriott have complimentary breakfast not this one. They think they are in New York instead of East Tennessee. I will not stay there again. I recently learned that very near by hotels do NOT charge for WIFI or BREAKFAST. Look for more bangs for your bucks. It's right under your nose. Meadow view can do better and should for their clients across the country where sister Marriotts provide free the services mentioned. A small gift that would go far for a better review. Sorry folks you need to
realize these services are complimentary elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank bmays26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!