“Standard to good quality”

MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is probably the best in town if you want more than just a room, the bar is good and breakfast is great. The rooms are average and a not different than what you'll find in any Marriott or Hampton inn for that matter. You're probably here to visit Eastman company and the hotel actually seems to be owned by that company.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We enjoyed a lovely couples getaway at this resort. The property is lovely. We'd like to go back when it is warmer to enjoy the outdoor areas and golf course. We were disappointed the Reedy Creek tasting room downstairs wasn't open on weekends. We did enjoy their wines at dinner. The front desk staff couldn't tell use if the winery's facility out back was open or not. We walked out to see and managed to arrive just as an employee was stopping in to get something. Even though it isn't open on Saturday either, the gentleman was nice enough to let us in for a tasting. We really enjoyed the wines and bought several bottles. Make sure you try the Friday night seafood buffet in the main dining room. It was excellent. Room service went above and beyond with our Sunday morning breakfast. I asked for a bran muffin if possible, even though it wasn't listed on the choices. Not only did I receive an amazingly moist and delicious bran muffin, the server told me the chef had prepared a batch just to fulfill my order!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachLoversLane
Andy K, General Manager at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you very much for your comments about MeadowView! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the comments about the winery. We are expecting the grand opening of the Reedy Creek Winery this Spring but I am pleased that they were there to offer a tasting. Our Fieldstone Celler wine room will open along with the winery to offer food and beverage along with wine flights as well. I hope that you will come back again this summer to enjoy the hotel, golf course and winery! Thanks again.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have worked for many hotel companies (carlson, marriott, etc...) and this is by far one of the most reliable and consistent properties that ive ever stayed at. The serivice is great! (shout out to Ken, Josh, and Jodie!!!!) The rooms are extremely clean, and the lobby is beautiful. Be sure to stop by the bar and grab a drink from their fantastic bartenders. I'll 100% guaruntee a repeat stay!

Room Tip: Get a high floor,
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here overnight on a trip south. On check-in, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was on the 6th floor, had a nice view of the golf course, and was a typical Marriott size. The furnishings were up to date with flat screen TV, desk area and a nice bath. The surprise was the Tempur-pedic king size bed. It was the first time we had slept on one and found it to be very comfy. We had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant on a Saturday morning and it was excellent. Between the two, we spent extra time relaxing from our journey and got a bit of a late start, but it was worth it.

The facility is beautiful and well kept. The only nit was the pay for internet, but I guess since this is a convention center hotel it's not that unusual. I just hadn't seen that in a while. We travel the I-81 / I-40 corridor a fair amount. We'll add this to our favorite stops along the way.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavenBethinMD
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Being a platimum Rewards member and having stayed in Marriotts around the US and Europe, I expected this one to be similar to the large Marriotts. It was in that the room was nice, the lobby spacious, the decor beautiful, the restaurant nice. However, the shower on the top floor was weak and fluctuated from hot to cold both days, in the morning and in the evening. The sink had no hot water at all, and I tried running water for 3-4 minutes to be sure. The room hairdryer had the on/off switch on the handle right where my thumb was when holding it, making it tricky to keep from accidentally turning off.

The biggest surprise was finding when I checked out that I had breakfast charges. Upon check-in, the lady did not mention complimentary breakfast so I asked if that was included. She simply said "Yes." My travel associate and I told the server both days that our stay included complimetary breakfast, so she directed us to the small buffet, never explained that only part of it was included, then simply had me sign my name, no bill or price ever given. It turns out that only the cold items were complimentary, not the eggs, bacon, biscuits, and gravy. That is an extra $5 per person. After explaining our surprise to the man at check-out and that I would not have eaten the one egg had I known it was $5, he offered no apology or concession, simply took our $21.90. He also said WiFi was $10.95 per day, so I'm glad I didn't use that.

I will continue to stay at Marriotts, but may try a different hotel in Kingsport next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank B P
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was not very impressed with the hotel when I arrived and checked in. The person at the front desk did not tell me about my free internet nor where my room was located nor where the hotel's amenities were located from the pool to the gym. I was off to a rough start. I did have free breakfast in the hotel's main restaurant, which was great!!! My gold status gave me a free continental breakfast, which meant that I got fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, grits, ... It was not omelets or eggs, but was still great!! The quality is what impressed me. The room was very basic with the exception of the view in the morning. I woke up and looked out the window. Since I got in the night before, I could not see the view out of my window. The view was of the golf course attached to the hotel. It was very impressive. The night before, I went down to the pool and swam many laps since it is pretty large with a nice size hot tub. If the check in process would have been helpful and if the rooms would be more than standard, then this would have been a 5 star hotel. I would not come back for the breakfast/pool/hot tub since it is out there a little, but if you are in the area, I would recommend it. It is connected to a convention center and a golf course. If you are a golfer, the course looked really nice!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have been to this hotel since it was opened around 15 years ago. People are friendly and rooms are very comfortable. The bar at the lobby is a separate attraction, bar attenders are very friendly and make you feel at home. My only observation is regards the restaurant, the food quality is great for all meals but the restaurant atmosphere is too thick it is a old fashioned style and little obsolete.Due to that many, many customers prefer to have their dinners or lunchs at the bar that offer the same good food.If somebody ask me what should be changed in the hotel I would say please renew the restaurant and do not touch in any other thing.

Room Tip: If you don't know where to go for happy hour just stay at the hotel and enjoy your time at the b...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcos_Basso
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!