“Friendly, efficient,comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Friendly, efficient,comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. Very pleased. Marriott has done a nice job with this place. Checked in by Becky, who was outstandingly friendly and met all our needs. She recognized my platinum status and upgraded without even asking. I stay in lots of Marriotts...this was great!

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Exceptional front desk customer service...Warren went above and beyond to help. Everyone was friendly and attentive.We attended the Appalachian Athletic Conference Men's and Women's Basketball Tournament. It was a perfect venue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
London UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

This is probably the best in town if you want more than just a room, the bar is good and breakfast is great. The rooms are average and a not different than what you'll find in any Marriott or Hampton inn for that matter. You're probably here to visit Eastman company and the hotel actually seems to be owned by that company.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Staunton, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We enjoyed a lovely couples getaway at this resort. The property is lovely. We'd like to go back when it is warmer to enjoy the outdoor areas and golf course. We were disappointed the Reedy Creek tasting room downstairs wasn't open on weekends. We did enjoy their wines at dinner. The front desk staff couldn't tell use if the winery's facility out back was open or not. We walked out to see and managed to arrive just as an employee was stopping in to get something. Even though it isn't open on Saturday either, the gentleman was nice enough to let us in for a tasting. We really enjoyed the wines and bought several bottles. Make sure you try the Friday night seafood buffet in the main dining room. It was excellent. Room service went above and beyond with our Sunday morning breakfast. I asked for a bran muffin if possible, even though it wasn't listed on the choices. Not only did I receive an amazingly moist and delicious bran muffin, the server told me the chef had prepared a batch just to fulfill my order!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andy K, General Manager at MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for your comments about MeadowView! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the comments about the winery. We are expecting the grand opening of the Reedy Creek Winery this Spring but I am pleased that they were there to offer a tasting. Our Fieldstone Celler wine room will open along with the winery to offer food and beverage along with wine flights as well. I hope that you will come back again this summer to enjoy the hotel, golf course and winery! Thanks again.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have worked for many hotel companies (carlson, marriott, etc...) and this is by far one of the most reliable and consistent properties that ive ever stayed at. The serivice is great! (shout out to Ken, Josh, and Jodie!!!!) The rooms are extremely clean, and the lobby is beautiful. Be sure to stop by the bar and grab a drink from their fantastic bartenders. I'll 100% guaruntee a repeat stay!

Room Tip: Get a high floor,
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here overnight on a trip south. On check-in, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was on the 6th floor, had a nice view of the golf course, and was a typical Marriott size. The furnishings were up to date with flat screen TV, desk area and a nice bath. The surprise was the Tempur-pedic king size bed. It was the first time we had slept on one and found it to be very comfy. We had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant on a Saturday morning and it was excellent. Between the two, we spent extra time relaxing from our journey and got a bit of a late start, but it was worth it.

The facility is beautiful and well kept. The only nit was the pay for internet, but I guess since this is a convention center hotel it's not that unusual. I just hadn't seen that in a while. We travel the I-81 / I-40 corridor a fair amount. We'll add this to our favorite stops along the way.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavenBethinMD
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Being a platimum Rewards member and having stayed in Marriotts around the US and Europe, I expected this one to be similar to the large Marriotts. It was in that the room was nice, the lobby spacious, the decor beautiful, the restaurant nice. However, the shower on the top floor was weak and fluctuated from hot to cold both days, in the morning and in the evening. The sink had no hot water at all, and I tried running water for 3-4 minutes to be sure. The room hairdryer had the on/off switch on the handle right where my thumb was when holding it, making it tricky to keep from accidentally turning off.

The biggest surprise was finding when I checked out that I had breakfast charges. Upon check-in, the lady did not mention complimentary breakfast so I asked if that was included. She simply said "Yes." My travel associate and I told the server both days that our stay included complimetary breakfast, so she directed us to the small buffet, never explained that only part of it was included, then simply had me sign my name, no bill or price ever given. It turns out that only the cold items were complimentary, not the eggs, bacon, biscuits, and gravy. That is an extra $5 per person. After explaining our surprise to the man at check-out and that I would not have eaten the one egg had I known it was $5, he offered no apology or concession, simply took our $21.90. He also said WiFi was $10.95 per day, so I'm glad I didn't use that.

I will continue to stay at Marriotts, but may try a different hotel in Kingsport next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank B P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Hampton Inn Kingsport
#1 of 19 in Johnson City
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 16 in Kingsport

Been to MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!