“Disappointed”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Martell
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We knew we were staying during a busy weekend but those people staying that said they were not there for the race only had to about a 1/3 of what the race fans paid. I also called within an hour of leaving the hotel letting them know I left a very important necklace in the room on the sink. They claim they all looked for it but it was not found. I went through all of my things and I don't have it. I specifically remember where I left it and I feel that maybe someone thought it was nice enough for them to keep for themselves. Very sad that the rooms weren't clean, the hot breakfast wasn't very good and our room was not ready until after 4 pm and now I can't get my necklace back since I live over a 1,000 miles away.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lorie h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tennessee
Reviewed 24 May 2011

After a bad storm knocked out power, I went searching for a place close to home that I could go with my husband and our two pugs if we needed to.

The women at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly, offered a discount due to the emergency, and said the pugs were welcome. They reserved me a room with just my ID--did not require a credit card, and said if the power wasn't on by three pm they would have a room waiting for us. Fortunately, the power came back on at 2:45, but I really appreciated the fact that they were there, they were friendly and helpful, and if he situation arises again, I will go there first.

Oh--and across the parking lot is an Italian restaurant that has the best spinach calzone *ever.* So there is good food in the vicinity. Lots of fast food restaurants, too.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank raynoldsk
Fayetteille, Ga
Reviewed 15 February 2011

After checking in, I first noticed the stained carpet. Several dark spots starting at the door, to bed, to bath.
I made the unfortunate decision to stay anyhow.
Woke up cold twice, thinking the heat wasn't working. The second trip back to the bed I felt a breeze at my feet. No weather stripping under the door. Had to place a coat on the floor to stop the wind from blowing in. Then woke up sweating at 3:30 a.m. Had to adjust the heating to allow for my makeship insulation. Next morning the manager offered $5 off bill. Having had no rest, and past experience of the quality guarentee's of Best Western, I had to ask if I was at a Best Western or not. Did not take the $5 and then skipped the breakfast bar. Food was scattered on the tables and the bar itself and only cereal was available as far as I could see. Not all Best Western's are like this. The one in Kingsport might well be renamed the Don't Drop Inn

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Kingsport hotels

Letcher County,Ky.
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Had reservations at Holiday Inn Express for a getaway with the husband. Upon check in, the clerk told me I could pay in cash,but he still had to authorize my debit card for the toal amount of the room. Not wanting to do that since it would put a hold on my money, I set out searching for another room. We came across the Best Western and decided to give it a try. It's an older hotel and I was hesitant to go in,but was surprised at what I found. The room was not small, and was extremely clean. The fridge and microwave looked to be new. There was even name brand shampoo, conditioner and body lotion on the sink.
The bed was firm,but that's what I have at home. The clerk was friendly and I used my AAA card for a discount, as well as a coupon. The breakfast was just fine,with cereals, waffles, sausage biscuits etc. I will recommend this hotel to family & friends and plan to use it again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carli66
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Cleanliness and Cost were fine... but the room was stifling HOT all night. This was December, temperature outside was near freezing, and I had to turn on the A/C full blast to compensate. To be fair I didn't complain to the desk, as by the time I realized what was happening, it was late at night and I didn't feel like moving rooms...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2010

A/C was out in our motor home had stayed at Best Westerns before. Carpet Torn by door, cleaner they used was overpowering, wanted king or queen none available. Frame on one of the beds broken, unable yo use it, no other rooms available. Manager acted like didn't believe us, came to room and saw it was broke, gave us a measly $5 off the bill. Would never recommend

• Stayed December 2010
Wash DC
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We reserved a room with 2 double beds and the room we got had 1 queen bed. When we asked for the correct room we were told there were no other rooms available. When they gave us 2 rollaway beds we had to move the furniture in the room around to try to get enough room to sleep. Once the rollaways were open we had no space at all to walk in the room. The next morning housekeeping began knocking on our door around 9am asking us when we would be leaving. Since we had been driving until late the previous night to get there it was very inconsiderate for the housekeepers to wake us up multiple times to ask us when we were leaving. The housekeepers acted extremely annoyed everytime they ame by. Check out time was 11am but they were rude about trying to rush us out of our room at 9am. The stay was miserable. I was severely dissappointed.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends