“would return”
Review of Motel 6 Kingsport

Motel 6 Kingsport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Clean room comfortable bed, good pillows, ok breakfast. Check in and out was very quick, efficient and cordial. Hotel is pet friendly, a must for us. Our only gripe was that the room was not as well serviced as it should have been. Two of the three lamps did not work, one had a blown bulb and one had no bulb. I was able to get one bulb from the front desk but they did not have any more spares. Also had to get kleenex from front desk. Bath towels was adequate, but only one hand towel and no wash cloths furnished. The bathroom had a large tub/shower with curved shower curtain rod and adjustable shower head with good pressure, which was a big plus. Overall, we would return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 November 2011

This is our 3rd year stopping here because it's consistently clean, functional, convenient and comfortable with no hassles.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I was very pleased with my stay here. Nice people, breakfast and location. It is not a high end location. It was clean and worked for me. I will stay here again. If you are looking for an economical venue this may work for you.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We knew we were staying during a busy weekend but those people staying that said they were not there for the race only had to about a 1/3 of what the race fans paid. I also called within an hour of leaving the hotel letting them know I left a very important necklace in the room on the sink. They claim they all looked for it but it was not found. I went through all of my things and I don't have it. I specifically remember where I left it and I feel that maybe someone thought it was nice enough for them to keep for themselves. Very sad that the rooms weren't clean, the hot breakfast wasn't very good and our room was not ready until after 4 pm and now I can't get my necklace back since I live over a 1,000 miles away.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorie h
Reviewed 24 May 2011

After a bad storm knocked out power, I went searching for a place close to home that I could go with my husband and our two pugs if we needed to.

The women at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly, offered a discount due to the emergency, and said the pugs were welcome. They reserved me a room with just my ID--did not require a credit card, and said if the power wasn't on by three pm they would have a room waiting for us. Fortunately, the power came back on at 2:45, but I really appreciated the fact that they were there, they were friendly and helpful, and if he situation arises again, I will go there first.

Oh--and across the parking lot is an Italian restaurant that has the best spinach calzone *ever.* So there is good food in the vicinity. Lots of fast food restaurants, too.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank raynoldsk
Reviewed 15 February 2011

After checking in, I first noticed the stained carpet. Several dark spots starting at the door, to bed, to bath.
I made the unfortunate decision to stay anyhow.
Woke up cold twice, thinking the heat wasn't working. The second trip back to the bed I felt a breeze at my feet. No weather stripping under the door. Had to place a coat on the floor to stop the wind from blowing in. Then woke up sweating at 3:30 a.m. Had to adjust the heating to allow for my makeship insulation. Next morning the manager offered $5 off bill. Having had no rest, and past experience of the quality guarentee's of Best Western, I had to ask if I was at a Best Western or not. Did not take the $5 and then skipped the breakfast bar. Food was scattered on the tables and the bar itself and only cereal was available as far as I could see. Not all Best Western's are like this. The one in Kingsport might well be renamed the Don't Drop Inn

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Had reservations at Holiday Inn Express for a getaway with the husband. Upon check in, the clerk told me I could pay in cash,but he still had to authorize my debit card for the toal amount of the room. Not wanting to do that since it would put a hold on my money, I set out searching for another room. We came across the Best Western and decided to give it a try. It's an older hotel and I was hesitant to go in,but was surprised at what I found. The room was not small, and was extremely clean. The fridge and microwave looked to be new. There was even name brand shampoo, conditioner and body lotion on the sink.
The bed was firm,but that's what I have at home. The clerk was friendly and I used my AAA card for a discount, as well as a coupon. The breakfast was just fine,with cereals, waffles, sausage biscuits etc. I will recommend this hotel to family & friends and plan to use it again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple