“A really good Hampton in the mountains”

Hampton Inn Kingsport
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Atlanta, GA
“A really good Hampton in the mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This is our second time staying at this hotel and our experience was just as good as the last. We were upgraded to suites based upon Hilton Diamond status and we love those rooms. Perfect for a family. Spacious bathrooms and plenty of space for the kids to move around. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is good though there was only one person working and doing her best to keep the items replenished. We liked that coffee and tea were available downstairs all day long. The fireplace in the lobby is also a nice touch.

Stayed December 2013
Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have stayed almost exclusivly at Hampton Inn with my travels over the past year and have had truly enjoyable travel and some bad travel. This hotel was what I expected from a Hampton Inn in relation to cleanliness and amenities.I do have 2 major concerns.
We booked two rooms for 11/30/2013 #325/#327 and requested adjoining rooms. When we opened the door to allow our granddaughter the room to wander we found that it was /is apparently spring loaded and caused not one but both to slam shut. I ask the front desk and was told they could have maintenence shek it on Monday . The door had enough strength to slam that it actually scooted a suitcase we had placed there to prop it open.
The mattresses in then rooms were atrocious. We woke up to our youngest daughter on the floor when the mattress had slid almost completely off the bed, the were lumpy, had no support and were as the front desk put it ."A Littlle worn".
This is a business class hotel that is not very child friendly in relation to the use of multiple rooms and at least in the two rooms we had need to have the mattresses replaced,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I will look into your concerns. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
Newbury Park, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

When I travel I spend very little time in the hotel so all I need are my basic needs met and the Hampton in Kingsport, TN did just that. The room is clean, quiet and the bed comfortable. The only issue is in a standard room the shower is a little small and the water pressure in the shower is a little low but that is a problem with just about every hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have some suites that have a different type of shower that you may like. Next time you are in town, feel free to check out all of our room type options. We would be happy to show you around.
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was coming in from Nashville area and the hotel was easy to find off highway. The front desk service was great and very friendly. They also helped me in finding stores and restaurants in the area. The front looked new inside and the room was clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
I am sorry that you were in town under those circumstances, but we appreciate the fact that you chose to stay with us. I am glad our staff was able to help you out.
Ellicott City, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This Hampton Inn is about what you'd expect from a Hampton Inn, with a little extra. It was certainly clean and I loved the reading light by the corner chair with ottoman. But the truly best part of this hotel was the exhaust system in the bathroom. Somehow - and it's not noticeable or noisy - the exhaust system works constantly and your showers don't steam up the bathroom mirror. I wish more hotels had this feature! There was also a second mirror in the hallway (again, not all hotels provide this). In addition, one of the toiletries provided was an eye makeup wipe - nice touch. Breakfast was the usual - though the oatmeal was delicious, accompanied by brown sugar, slivered almonds, golden and brown raisins, and pecans as desired. Only downside was the decaf coffee - very weak, with little flavor. Overall, a very nice stay and we would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for the great comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Hotel is nice and clean, staff courteous and helpful, internet very slow. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. I stay at Hampton because of the quality of the hotels and the full breakfast in the mornings.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your business.
Clarksville, TN, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Excellent as always. I always stay at Hampton. This hotel gave us a suite and was the nicest Hampton I have stayed at. My husband was with me for this trip. When I travel alone, it is important to know I'm safe. I feel confident that I am well taken care of. My company trip adviser knows my preference.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks, Ruth! We hope to see you again soon.