“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Vancouver, Washington
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stay at Hampton Inns as we can rely on clean, quiet rooms with a decent breakfast in the morning. All of which held true for this hotel. We were travelling on I-81, so it was a small jaunt up I-26 to reach the hotel in Kingsport, but not an unreasonable detour. We did have to travel about 20 minutes further to reach a decent selection of restaurants for dinner. We enjoyed a great nights rest and received friendly service at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel face away from the main highway, but we didn't have an issue with...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven W, Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 28 October 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you found us and that we were able provide a clean and comfortable Hampton Inn stay to which you are accustomed! Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the area. We love having you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Colorado
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have stayed at this property numerous times in the past year and a half. The only reason I stay here is because there is not another Hilton choice in Kingsport (Johnsons City is closest with other options).

The elevators are always dirty when I visit and the room’s windows are rarely cleaned. The breakfast is most often a disappointment here. For example, this morning we have watered down ‘robust’ coffee and rotting banana’s to choose from. There is a woman at the front desk that lacks customer service. She never smiles and wishes a good day to me in all the times I have been here and from what I have seen treats other guests with the same hospitality. She doesn’t even look up at guests as we make our way in and out of the front doors to start the day.

One night I stayed here and there was police activity happening in the middle of the night that lasted a few hours (I had a room next to staircase so sleep was disrupted). No one from management ever apologized for the disturbance many guests experienced that night and it was swept under the rug.

The only reason I stay here is because of the close proximity to where I need to be for work. I have even thought about staying at another hotel chain to avoid staying at this particular location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thanks for your feedback. I assure you that what you experienced not typical. I will address your concerns immediately. We hope to see you again soon.
Brunswick, Md.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We are so pleased with our experiences at Hampton Inn.....this one is no exception. Friendly check-in, great help with the business office, love the cookies waiting for us.....and the comfy beds. Rooms are great.....room to spread out a little, have a desk to work on with the computer, sofa to sit on the relax. What's not to love a great stay here! Great staff here.....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your kind comments. Everyone here is passionate about our jobs and our guests. Come back and see us!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here while on business in the area. The staff was very polite and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. Overall, the experience was good and in keeping with the general experience with the chain.

I was very tired and I have to say that they had an excellent selection of TV channels to choose from and I was able to find something that I wanted to watch. One nit pick is that the walls were quite thin and I could hear the conversation of the people next to me clearly. It might be a good idea to get a room at the end to minimize that potential problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We like Hampton Inns and tend to use them when on the road. This particular Hampton Inn was really pretty bad. The room was okay. However, usually a standard room with 2 queens or 1 king is the same price. Not here; the king was $10 more. We did not receive bottled water, which you usually receive for being a Hilton Honors member. But, it was all still fine -- until breakfast. This was pretty awful and the reason for the Poor rating. Most of the trays were empty -- really empty -- and not refilled. There was yogurt and a few muffins that looked like they had been there awhile. We had to ask for napkins to be brought. The tables were not cleaned -- none of them. By the time we left to return to our room, we saw one serving person -- the one that brought the napkins. Do yourself a favor and go another exit or two to find another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service and quality of items offered at breakfast during your stay. We are working to improve our offerings and will bring your comments into our ongoing service training. We do offer bottled water, Fuze Ice Tea or Mountain Dew to our Hilton Honors members that are at the Gold and Diamond level if they have chosen a snack as their "My Way" preference. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back.
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business and found it to be a standard older Hampton Inn. The rooms were nice enough and the common area appeared to be updated as well. No huge complaints about my stay, but have a couple of things to note:

1) SLANTY BATHTUB - Something was very strange about the bathtub in my non-handicapped room. There was a big bar that stuck out and you could not really stand in the shower without this getting in the way. HOWEVER, after a bit of moving around in the shower I realized that the tub seems to have a major slant to it so that it was next to impossible to stand up straight in the shower. Therefore, I guess they determined it would be better to place this bar in the shower rather than have people break their necks.

2) WAFFLE MAKERS - For the love of all that is holy, please install two waffle makers in every Hampton Inn. There is always a wait that is way too long that could be helped by the addition of another waffle maker.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE, I like the set of electrical outlets that are being placed on all of the nightstands at Hampton. Though it is obviously an add on box, it is very nice considering all of the things we have to plug in and charge now days.

All in all, I would stay here again when I need to be in the area for business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your comments, TNDisneynut. We will try to rearrange our breakfast offerings to accommodate an extra waffle maker on busy nights. We appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a very nice facility, mine only concern was I could not get the room cool enough...I cleaned filters and it did better but not what I'm use to. Generally I keep my room 68 to 70 and it do not feel that in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Sorry about your AC unit. Feel free to call down next time you are in if you have issues and our maintenance engineer, Alan, will be happy to correct them for you. Thanks for choosing Hampton Inn!