“Southern Majestic Charm”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Southern Majestic Charm”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

A beautiful mansion situate on beautifully maintained grounds will make a wonderful impression. It is no wonder that many couples choose to take their wedding vows there. The Christmas tree display is great.

Kingsport, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“event planning”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Love this place. Great to check out or rent for parties, wedding etc... I rented the barn for a Sockhop. It was perfect. They were wonderful to work with. The grounds are gorgeous! The prices are reasonable considering. You won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2012
Jonesborough, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wedding Place”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Lovely place for a wedding or reception. The grounds were nice and parking adequate. Lots of nice places for taking pictures.

Kingsport, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“RUDE PEOPLE WORK THERE.”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have shot many weddings there for my Brides and every-time I shoot, The staff is very rude to me. When hired by a bride and then arrive to do my job on the wedding day, I do not expect to be treated rudely and I have seen my brides treated this way. Also, I have shot many free sessions there as well and do a lot of NON Profit photography there and the staff has ran two of my guest off and even down to taking my tag number. They didn't even ask, they just assumed. The lady with the long blonde hair maybe in her 40's tried to tell me the Mansion was privately owned and all photography must pay a $75.00 fee. To my knowledge it belongs to the City of Kingsport which is why there isn't a gate fee with a toll. I refuse to pay 75.00 while it looks the way it does mud everywhere , fish have layed dead on top of the ponds all summer , and it needs a lot of work. However, I live in the city of Kingsport and if I want to shoot free pictures there I will. Allendale can keep in mind I have sent at least 23 Brides to get married there and no longer will send them buisness because of there rudeness. I have brides all next year that I will try to get them to book somewhere else.

Visited August 2012
10 Thank Rachel O
Tennessee
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“A nice visit -”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Allendale Mansion is a old beautiful home and grounds that was given to the City of Kingsport for both public and private functions. On a liesurely day, its a nice place to stop by and rubber neck. There are few things to do other than enjoy the period of time that the building was constucted and observe the grounds which are well maintained

Visited July 2012