“Redeeming experience”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #16 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 19 August 2013

After two really disappointing experiences, we had opted never to return, but decided to use the coupons the manager gave us on our last visit. WOW, what a difference that I can attribute primarily to our server Ashley Lawson. She was personable, actually listened to our concerns, and delivered a great rack of ribs and two perfectly baked sweet potatoes. She returned to our table often, but never with the "canned" questions, but instead suggested ways in which she could further serve us: "I can bring you more water" for example, but never once asked the generic question "Is everything okay?" Thanks, Ashley for a pleasant and enjoyable experience. We will look for you when we return. The Roadhouse manager needs more wait staff like her.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Always enjoy eating at this location. Great food, music and sports on tv. Enjoy going there for birthdays!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Wonderful place! My mother and I had never been here before, so they brought us out a sample of ribs. Fantastic. We both got the small order. Had a GREAT margarita and a wonderful appetizer. Staff were fun and on top of everything. Great choice for a relaxing, but fun dinner!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We eat at this restaurant with family several times a year. We decided to take our business guest here even though he prefers another local restaurant when in Kingsport. We were not only disappointed but embarrassed because of both the poor quality of the food but also the neglectful service. Except for the very good ribs I ordered, the food we were served was fit for the garbage. Our guest was served beef tips that he could hardly cut with a steak knife and was unable to eat, but he said the mushrooms were good. However, his baked sweet potato had the appearance of something pulled from the garbage. It had hardened areas, but only about two spoonfuls of soft pulp. The potato served to my wife looked so bad she sent it back, which was replaced with a better looking and edible potato. Long after our orders had been delivered to the table, I had to ask for my salad. Our wait person seemed surprised; I guess she had not noticed, perhaps because she was busy sweeping the floor. We had arrived for dinner late in the evening, at 8:45, but, being busy with "closing duties" should not diminish service to customers who have been welcomed for service. Even though the manager, Connie, apologized, I found her manner insincere, but she did offer to comp the meals, but my wife had already paid the bill. Had I been the manager, I would have credited at least the one meal which our guest had to endure. However, she did offer coupons. What kind of logic is there in offering disappointed guests coupons, a suggestion that you come back. Why would someone want to return after such a miserable experience?

1  Thank piddlin37
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Meat was a little tough. Restaurant was loud but the service was good. i wold order a better cut of meat next time.