“Dirty, slow service, food fair”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #27 of 254 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 22 February 2014

It's been a while since my wife and I have been to this Texas Roadhouse in Kingsport, Tennessee. The reason why we stopped going here is every time we went out table or seat was dirt. We complained each time and each time we were assured by the manager that this it would not happen again. After three straight times of being welcome with a dirty table or seat we stopped going. After three years away, some friends visiting wanted to go there so we were willing to give them another chance.
We were seated and the top of the table had a greasy film and when we brought it to the waiter he gave a look like why are you bothering me with this. Attitude was an understatement... After waiting for 15-minutes to take our order, then another 25-minutes for the food to come. Our fries were cold, steaks over cooked and we had to keep asking the waiter to refill our glasses with water and whatever each was drinking.
The bill came and it had mistakes on it and that took another 10-minutes to correct. Extremely disappointed with this visit to the Texas Roadhouse.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I sat at the bar area just before closing..had a long drive in from Franklin and it was the one restaurant I knew of in town. The bartender was excellent..very friendly and was a pleasure to speak with. She recommended my meal of sirloin steak and it was cooked perfectly.also had a delicious sweet potato.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We recently had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse in Kingsport.Even though they were busy,we were seated immediately.The service,good and price is what I have come to expect at one of my favorite franchises.Try the deep fried pickles,one of the best inexpensive appetizers I have eaten.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

After two really disappointing experiences, we had opted never to return, but decided to use the coupons the manager gave us on our last visit. WOW, what a difference that I can attribute primarily to our server Ashley Lawson. She was personable, actually listened to our concerns, and delivered a great rack of ribs and two perfectly baked sweet potatoes. She returned to our table often, but never with the "canned" questions, but instead suggested ways in which she could further serve us: "I can bring you more water" for example, but never once asked the generic question "Is everything okay?" Thanks, Ashley for a pleasant and enjoyable experience. We will look for you when we return. The Roadhouse manager needs more wait staff like her.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Always enjoy eating at this location. Great food, music and sports on tv. Enjoy going there for birthdays!