“Now closed -- but it was okay”
Review of Ozzy's Gyros - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ozzy's Gyros
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I went to this restaurant many times.

The food was excellent.

However, the management was a different story. The menu that was printed on pamphlets varied considerably with the menu items that were on the sign inside the store, as I checked one of my meals once, and it was supposed to have cucumbers and onions, as listed on the pamphlet menu, but the sign on the menu listed it as tomato instead of cucumbers and onions. They did provide me with cucumber and onion slices, after I pointed this out. Menus should be consistent.

Also, the last straw with me, was the following. I used to get the combo meals, which included a large cup for the drink. Over time, they changed the size of the large cup to HALF its size, thus they were devaluing their menu, so one got even less for the same price. I pointed this out several times, and they had no plan to return to the large cup that they originally offered, and because of that, I quit going to the restaurant.

Which is sad. The management of this restaurant was poor, but the food was excellent. If their menu details were consistent, and they didn't change the size of the large drink cup, I would have given them a LOT more business.

Which is ironic, because so many restaurants have great service, but poor food. I predicted that this restaurant would eventually close because of poor management decisions, and I was right.

I would not object to this restaurant returning to Kingsport, but if so, I hope it is run by completely new management.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

It's incredibly hard to find good gyros and falafel around here. I find it very easy to find tasty vegetarian meals there, as I am a part-time vegetarian trying to integrate more veggies and less animals into my diet. If you like something different from the same ol' stuff, this is the place to go. The decorations are a little sparse, but I'm more interested I'm the food than that anyway. I recommend highly!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This is one of our favorite places to eat a quick/different sandwich. They specialize in Middle Eastern food. Their gyros are great and their sides of things like fresh pita bread, humus and babaganoush are fantastic. In the mall, so you are not going there for the decor. Clean and reasonable. Go!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I've had better gyros but this place is pretty good for the Kingsport area. Try it!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Everything I have sampled at Ozzy's is fresh and flavorful. It's the only place I've eaten baba ganoush (kind of like eggplant hummus,) and it was incredible! Also very delicious: the falafel, tabouleh, all types of hummus, pasta salad, chicken and cheese gyro. The staff is exceptionally friendly, and the prices are very reasonable.