“Excellent Mexican Fare”

La Carreta Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 254 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 May 2013

My husband and I finally tried the cute restaurant across from the hotel we stay at in Kingsport. We loved it. I had the giant quesadilla and he had the California beef burrito. Oh, my goodness! Both were huge and both were awesome! The salsa and chips were bottomless and great, too. The guacamole also very good. Our waiter was nice and gave us great service. We will definitely be back next time we are passing through.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

The restaurant is a bit out of the way but is well worth the drive. The interior is very beautiful with the stucco walls and the bold colors. The food is geat!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Always great food! Friendly staff! Treat you like family, especially if you go there often. Great service!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Place was bright and clean. Food service was spotty. Food was brought to me without silverware and the butter knife given to me to cut the thin grizzle T-bone was insufficent. They forgot to bring me onions that came with the dish and when I mention this my server brough me out a plate of cold onions which I sent back to the kitchen to be fried. Sour Cream was also missing and had to bring this to the attention of my server. Refreid beans were very bland but the rice was fine. Corn chips were warm and the salsa was better that usual. I will not be back to frequent this restaurant. The server did apoligize for the issues with my food but the manage just happly took my money. Soft Taco's were best part of meal.

1  Thank Sabar3
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for late dinner on the way to Texas. The service was good, food came out extremely quickly and it wasn't bad. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but I would probably eat there again if I wasn't just passing through. It was a lot of food for cheap --good value. Wish I had tried a margarita...