“Good...not great”
Review of Chava's Mexican Grill & Cantina - CLOSED

Chava's Mexican Grill & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The restaurant building itself is very nice (used to be Cajun restaurant), kind of in a bad location which is sad for them.

I had the cheese enchilada plate which was typical for this area....orange-y/red sauce and not much there. Just very average. However, hubby had the chili relleno and he said it was very good & tasty. I had a bite and I enjoyed it very much.

The weird thing was, the restaurant has a full-bar area and advertises "happy hour" on it's placards, but it seems like they only serve beer! I was really hoping for a nice margarita, but they don't serve that! Maybe they don't have a bartender, because if they serve beer it seems they have to have a liquor license....but I was sad about no margaritas to go with my meal.

Still, a nice, a/c, attractive building to have lunch with some iced-tea. Would also be good for a business lunch.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Waitress was very helpful with food selections. Food came out promptly and hot(nothing I hate more than cold food coming out of the kitchen). Food was very tasty and plentiful! We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been here three times and it has always been great . I personally love the cheesy burritos with the grilled chicken you have to ask for it to be grilled but it is always been seasoned perfectly. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The service has not always been up to par....the food has never failed. All in all the service has improved in our last few visits. We really enjoyed our server this visit. I have started exploring the menu and sooo happy with my selections. The stuffed pomplanos are the most unique I have ever had. Stuffed with veggies and gooey cheese.....this is my new favorite!. My better half took one bite of my meal and said "I'm ordering that next time!". For unique flavors, cool atmosphere and good food.....try Chavas!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The food was great! The service was spectacular! The only thing missing was the tableside guacamole which they didn't have during our visit. We will definitely be going back again!