Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Nashville, Tennessee
“Still a good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here Dec 10-12 for a short business trip. Once again, I enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean and still looks new from the renovation. I was in a larger room that has a couch in addition to the normal furniture. The breakfast was good and was out and ready by 6am, which is appreciated as I had to leave the hotel around 6:30. This is still my go-to hotel for Kingsport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We drove down to visit friends and the only reason we booked at this hotel was because it said online that there was a indoor pool and spa....We really wanted to soak in a hot tub after our long drive. We were actually visiting people in Johnson City but they only had a outdoor pool at the Holiday inn there and we knew it wouldn't be a option at this time of the year. Frankly if I knew there wasn't a hot tub/spa I would have stayed in the town that my friends lived in.....they had the same room availble for the same price I paid. I was very dissapointed....and it was kind of funny when I asked about the pool the guy at the front desk said yes they have a pool and he knows it says online there is a spa but in fact no, there is not a spa just a pool. My question is why continue with the false advertising? I work at a hotel and this would certainly not be acceptable at my work.

The other thing that I was a little surprise about was I forgot to bring Q-tips with me, so the next morning I went to the front desk and asked the girls if they had any for when guests forget something, they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.....pretty standard practice in the hotel industry to have complimentary toiletries at the front desk for guests.

Other than that...the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the staff was polite. I would have been happy with the stay had I not booked at this hotel because I wanted to soak in the hot tub.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
ChrisHIExKpt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased to hear that our staff was polite, I apologize for not having the toiletries you needed. We try to keep a full inventory of extras, even the ones such as q-tips that aren't required, but we do run out of things from time to time during our busy seasons. While we have never had an on-site hot tub, we do have deluxe jacuzzi suites. I double checked our online content and we do not advertise a hot tub or spa only the suites. Again thank you for your review and I hope the next time you are in Kingsport you will try us again, but definitely book the jacuzzi suite!
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Newly remodeled, friendly staff, quiet rooms, spacious, clean, smells good, comfortable, two tv's (one near beds, another near couch), large bathroom and closet space, overall better than the pricey hotel we stayed in the last two nights!

• Stayed November 2013
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I will pass on to the staff.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had a large suite, and it served our needs well. We always like the way the hotel decorates for the Christmas season. The location is conveniently near restaurants. The rooms were clean and very quiet. I can only complain that the television channel choice and reception were inferior to other locations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nawlinsdiner
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Hotel is easy to find from the interstate. Room was very clean. Comfortable bed. Had both hot & cold food for breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. There are lots of restaurants within 10 minutes. My only complaint was I had reserved a handicap accessible room and the hotel chose to "upgrade" me to another room that was not handicap accessible. Naturally the accessible room was no longer available. They seriously need to reconsider their upgrade policy there when someone has reserved the handicap room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Rising Sun, MD.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were in town for a funeral, and happened to find this hotel. We haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in years, but we were very happy with this hotel. The staff were excellent, and go out of their way to help you. Rooms were very clean, beds were a little hard and the hotel plumbing is a little noisy, but I believe that the people who work here make up for that. Breakfast is complimentary and they have a good selection of items. They had the hotel decorated beautifully for Halloween. The day of the funeral our vehicle wouldn't start due to a dead battery, and the wonderful older lady at the desk had the maintenance man come out and jump it for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Kingsport area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel from the moment you walk in the door is so inviting, the dining area and lobby are beautifully adorned to fit the season. You will be welcomed by the pleasant hotel employees and the rooms are CLEAN, QUIET and COMFORTABLE. This is my choice when I'm in Kingsport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business