“Best sushi within miles”
Review of EDO Japanese Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
EDO Japanese Grill
Ranked #120 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We go to Edo's 3-4 times a month and every visit has been great. The Michael is the best roll I've had there with the Mandalay, New Orleans and Firecracker all running a close second. Always delicious, always fresh. We usually call ahead of time and it's waiting on us when we get there. The sashimi never disappoints either. Yum. Think I'll go tonight!

Also, if you have kids, they have a small play area that helps keep them occupied while you eat all the gross things they won't even try.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

great place for sushi, it is a little hard to find but is worth the search.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

The atmosphere is nice. The staff is the best. The food is the star here though. Their yaki is the best I have had anywhere. Their sushi is always fresh and they will honor special requests. I love spicy tune with cream cheese. They have the Gordon and Biltmore rolls that cannot be matched. Their cheese wontons (crab rangoons) are sweet and typically come with chocolate. I like them without. Their edemame is always good and their food is excellent, I'm sure if you didn't like something they'd fix it for you.

Reviewed 1 January 2010

We origianlly went to Edo's looking for Japanese candy from the grocery section and decided to come back the next day for an early dinner. The staff was very friendly and the food was well beyond our expectations. If you are in Kingsport and used to eating at Moto's or Tomoko's or one of those Chinese buffets, you should definately give this one a try. You will be in for a very nice surprise.....and we haven't even tried the sushi bar yet. But we will....soon.

1  Thank Ittlenoman
Reviewed 24 November 2008

I am a Sushi connoisseur, meaning I generaly eat Sushi twice per week, for the past 25 years. So when we moved to The mountains of Virginia it was something we really strugled with and had to give up. Until finding this restaurant, we travel 1 & 1/2 hours several times per month and every special occasion. Most people believe Sushi to all be raw, when in fact nearly 50% of it is cooked. Much of it is served cold however. Edo has several house specials that are not only cooked but served hot. So if you enjoy seafood you will find something to your liking. My family reccomends it!
Sincerely, Marv A. Smith