“Beautiful park with so much to do”

Warriors' Path State Park
Ranked #2 of 24 things to do in Kingsport
Springfield, Tennessee
538 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 660 helpful votes
“Beautiful park with so much to do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I live in Tennessee and I camp at every Tennessee state park I can get to. Tennessee has exceptional state parks with great campsites and beautiful scenery. This one is no exception. At first glance it seems and odd place for a state park. You drive into Kingsport and then follow a windy road until you get to the entrance. The first thing you see is a huge very clean swimming pool. The road splits. If you go left you find equestrian activities and an 18 hole golf course. Straight ahead you come to the campground with campsites for tents and RV's of all types. I drive a 36' motorhome and had no trouble finding a large campsite. Tennessee has a great reservation system on line and they allow all campsites to be reserved, so if you are going to camp, reserve in advance. If you continue down the road you will come across the lake recreation area were you can launch your own boat, rent kayaks, paddle boards and paddle boats. It is a beautiful area for fishing, swimming, playing and for a picnic. Around the next corner is one of the most insane disc golf courses I've ever seen. 27 holes that are laid out all over the mountain side. The one very special part of this park is the playground that was built so that children of all physical abilities could play. It is a terrific little playground with a trail that tells the story of Narnia, a large treehouse (think adult size), and activities for all children. This state park is only about ten minutes drive from I-81 and is a great base camp for visiting the tri-cities area including Bristol Speedway, Kingsport and Johnson City. It is an easy drive to Roan Mountain, Elizabethton and Jonesboro, Tennessee.

Visited May 2014

Beaumont, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great place for free fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very enjoyable area. We found the park clean and had lots to do. We grilled out several times, on the hillside overlooking the lake. They have a wonderful playground for children. We look forward to coming back and exploring things we missed.

1 Thank RCDial
Kingsport, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Place to visit for the day or camp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Warriors has a great playground called Daryls Dream. It has a Narnia path around the perimeter an a Frisbee course. There are paddle boat rides, swimming pool, another playground on the hill above Daryls. A soccer field, golf course and restaurant open in the summer. A large campground has an amphitheater and a bathhouse/restrooms. The beautiful lake is the backdrop for it all.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Horse Back Riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I were looking for something to do in Kingsport while our dog was at the vet. We decided to go to Warriors' Path State Park because they had horse back riding. The weather was great when we got there. I have never really ridden horses like my wife has so I was kind of nervous, but they do a great job pairing you with a horse that will be best for you. The price is not bad either. They have a 30 minute ride or a 45-55 minute ride. I believe the 30 minute ride is $17 a person, we did the 45-55 minute ride and it was $24 a person. We had so much fun. I would highly recommend it. We will be back.

2 Thank Preston L
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The Childrens Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of our favorite parks. It's perfect for small children and great for big kids. We really enjoy the sand play ground and the tree house.

1 Thank Ashley M