“Finest dining in Kingsport”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 252 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Went recently with friends at lunch. Ordered the 7 oz sirloin (medium), baked potato, salad and iced tea. The steak was cooked perfectly and was juicy. The salad was fresh and just the right size. The whole wheat bread was tasty. Our waiter was engaging, professional and came to the table at just the right times. Cost for my meal, not including tip, was under $20.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stopped in Kingsport TN for the night going to and comming from Arlington Va
Hotel desk recommended
Had a great salad, 7oz Sirloin and a tasty sweet potato for $14
All wonderful
Service was good and atrmosphere nice
Went back for a repeat

Reviewed 7 August 2010

I travel on business to the Kingsport area at least 4 times per year, and The Chop House is usually my restaurant of choice. My most recent visit was on August 3, 2010, and it left a lot to be desired. It wasn't just one thing, it was 3 things that added up to a less than satisfactory experience at what is supposed to be one of Kingsport's better restaurants.

I ordered a gin martini served up with olives. The waitress brought it sans olives, and apologized that the bar was out of olives. She offered to get me something else from the bar, but since the drink was already at my table, I drank it. If I were the manager of a restaurant/bar that was out of olives, I would be getting in my car or sending an employee to the Kroger down the hill to purchase a jar of olives.

One of my pet peeves when dining out is dirty floors. Before I have guests over to dinner at my home, I vacuum and sweep. At the Chop House, there was a used cloth napkin from the previous guest under my table, as well as cracker or bread crumbs. The other floor areas around my tables were also littered with straw papers, crumbs, etc.

I ordered the petite pork chops. The chops were tasty, once I scraped off the pat of melted butter. The menu didn't say anything about a butter topping on the chops, and a good piece of meat doesn't need extra fat.

I will give the Chop House another try the next time I'm in Kingsport, but if things aren't to my satisfaction, I'll be sure to speak with the manager on duty.

2  Thank Rigatoni58
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We were a LARGE group, handled by two servers. Service was a mite slow...they dropped a tray of wine glasses so had to wash new ones, but they comped us a couple of appetizers. The servers could not keep straight who got what, which was distracting. The food was really good and the servers were always pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed 1 February 2010

I have to disclose that my friend and I ate there on the day they received about 8 inches of snow; they were pretty understaffed. It appeared the manager was waiting tables as well.

Food was excellent, especially the chop house pork chop. It's a really great atmosphere. The service was just bad - took forever to get waited on; my friend received his entree before his salad; they tried to take our food to another table first; on and on. Again - they were short staffed but it was pretty comical.

I would go back; like I said the food was really good but bad service.