“Always a good stop for a burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sloopy's

Sloopy's
Ranked #36 of 243 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
“Always a good stop for a burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our third trip to Sloopy's, and it was just as great this time as it had been the two times we ate there before. My husband and I split a jalapeno cheddar burger and an order of tater tots. We took a few minutes to deliberate before choosing, as the fries had been great the last time--hot and fresh--but we decided to try something new. Our eleven-year-old ordered a plain hot dog and fries, and they came out just as she liked them (kind of boring of you ask me, but to each her own). When our meal appeared, the folks in the back had been kind enough to cut our burger in half and put each half in a separate paper carton, with half an order of tots in each one. I suppose the fellow at the register had heard us say we were going to share--now, that's service! Out of curiosity, we tried an order of fried pickles, which were quite good (but not quite as good as the ones at State Line Grill in Bristol, TN). The burgers at Sloopy's seem to be handmade, one at a time; they aren't those chewy, pressed things that many burger joints serve. Good meat, not a lot of fillers. This is a great place to take family--and I really love a place where the service is fast, cheerful, and consistent. If you're in Kingsport and looking for a good place to have diner food, I highly recommend it--especially if the kids are along.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Katie H

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nice selection of food and everything I have gotten there has been great. Very good hamburgers and nice selections of desserts.

Visited July 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great place for a hamburger & Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Sloppy's is a little burger/Ice cream joint that is on Eastman Road. Their burgers are very good and the ice cream is too. Very reasonable prices and quick service.

Visited April 2014
“Best 'Diner Style' Burger in kingsport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite burger in kingsport. If you are looking for a home cooked style the best is at Nicks. I could eat at this place every day. But then again burgers are my favorite food.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is my favorite place in Kingsport to get a burger, always the best burgers you can find anywhere!!!!

• Visited December 2013